Hideo Kojima Presents: A Hideo Kojima Production - DEATH STRANDING

Started by C.Mongler, November 18, 2019, 07:20:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

blasted through the rest of this. didn't love it and didn't hate it, but i was strangely addicted. peak of the game is figuring out how to break the traversal with ziplines and finding tons of helpful stuff from other players while on long journeys. however the story is really nothing special and it tries to hide this with good cutscene direction and by drowning you in endless exposition and technobabble keywords. also the boss fights literally feel like they're ripped from an entirely different game, in a bad way. overall: meh.

Nyerp

wtf i just realized this game steals a couple major story ideas from Ys VIII of all things. HACKojima probably thought he was being sly and tried to cover it up with pro-life overtones and exploration of his intense mommy issues

nyamo

Nyerp

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on December 01, 2019, 09:38:12 AMwtf i just realized this game steals a couple major story ideas from Ys VIII of all things. HACKojima probably thought he was being sly and tried to cover it up with pro-life overtones and exploration of his intense mommy issues

Elaborate?

Nyerp

TooB

Nyerp

Nyerp

Nyerp

ok fine

MASSIVE FUCKING SPOILERS, READING THIS WILL RUIN THE ENTIRE GAME

the villain of both games is the concept of extinction itself. in ys VIII, this is tied to the cycle of evolution being ruled by an uncaring 'god'. in death stranding, it's presented as the universe trying to 'correct' the big gang, and evolution is an unintended positive result of the struggle to survive after each death stranding. in both, the real life reasons for extinction/evolution (environmental factors/gene selection/etc.) are ignored in favor of having a god or a vague concept of the universe randomly deciding that it's time for the dominant species to go extinct.

in each game, a random individual of the dominant species is chosen to become an immortal being and watch as the extinction happens. in ys, this is so they can explain to the next chosen individual what their role is. in death stranding, the person chosen is both an observer AND the source of the extinction event itself. in both games, one of these chosen people is a woman that the protagonist spends a lot of time trying to 'save' in some way. oh and they're both able to see into the future, either through premonitions (ds) or literal time travel (ys). also the one in death stranding is presented as an evil, literally two-faced bitch who loves aborting babies because hideo kojima hates women.

basically the story of death stranding is not much different from some random dumb jrpg

don't let's

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on December 02, 2019, 10:18:43 AMplay the game and you'll understand

I would play the game, if it didn't suck lol. That's why I asked

YPrrrr

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

C.Mongler

Go Up