Hideo Kojima Presents: A Hideo Kojima Production - DEATH STRANDING

Started by C.Mongler, November 18, 2019, 07:20:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

anyone playing this shit yet

I thought I would fucking hate this game from the initial reviews but I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit

don't get me wrong its fucking batshit and there's a lot of weird stuff but its also strangely relaxing? idk lol

plz spoil tag story beats thanks

TooB

Boring so far lol

Idk, we'll see. Some interesting stuff that I wanna learn about, but... idk. Maybe the story will carry me

C.Mongler

lol

imo the game carries the same kind of essence that BOTW did, where you wander around and are like "cool mountain, i'm gonna climb that shit". there's lots of open ended exploration and activities to do, but it comes at the consequence of feeling unfocused and BIG.

idk it's not a game for everyone, but i would say if you hated the sort of vibe BOTW had, you probably won't like this lol. but i loved just wandering around and lookin at rocks so this is kinda my jam, so far anyway lol.

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 18, 2019, 09:33:18 AMlol

imo the game carries the same kind of essence that BOTW did, where you wander around and are like "cool mountain, i'm gonna climb that shit". there's lots of open ended exploration and activities to do, but it comes at the consequence of feeling unfocused and BIG.

idk it's not a game for everyone, but i would say if you hated the sort of vibe BOTW had, you probably won't like this lol. but i loved just wandering around and lookin at rocks so this is kinda my jam, so far anyway lol.

are the rocks all unique or do they just copy and paste the stuff all over

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

C.Mongler

i'll have to analyze the 674 rocks i've seen so far and get back to you

Nyerp

rented this and i'm at the second big area. everything up to port knot city was fine if a little (a lot) boring, but this second area sucks dick. i'm teetering on dropping it now.

nyamo

Going to pick up this on sale, hoping to become a big fan of the stranding genre. It's been awhile since there's been a new video game genre (NO SOULS-LIKE IS NOT A GENRE. it's a LAZY JOURNALIST TERM.) Will be purchasing more future Stranding games for documentation purposes. This could be like 3d platformers but for the 2020s. Happy gaming days ahead.

Nyerp

nyamo

Quote from: Nyerp on November 24, 2019, 03:17:15 PMthis is the dark souls of "strand" games
the baby is a metaphor for the birth of the genre- except it's not a metaphor. It's literally birthing the genre of stranding! It's amazing!

TooB

I honestly hope this doesnt become the new hip thing to imitate like Souls did.

Samus Aran

C.Mongler

im still havin a blast i built a bridge and fuckin EVERYONE liked that!!

Nyerp

yeah building the roads and stuff is really satisfying. i'm constantly flipping between liking and hating this game lol

C.Mongler

yeah its like a bad game but its so soothing and positive that i dont care???

Nyerp

i really don't like how equipment upgrades are locked behind doing these shitty infinite Skyrim radiant quests

Go Up