April 24, 2024, 01:20:24 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

do you think anyone HAS actually forgotten

Started by C.Mongler, September 11, 2019, 06:41:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i ponder this every year we always say never forget but i have a hard time believing anyone who was cognizant at the time of 9/11 would have the ability to forget the event that probably changed the way they experienced the world forever ya know

who are these people that we are concerned they are forgetting

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

C.Mongler

that's different!! old timers forget everything even their breakfast LOL

Mando Pandango

I was 10 at the time and I can't remember that day at all but that's probably because my brain hated it and threw it out.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

September 11, 2019, 08:53:12 AM #4 Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:58:09 AM by YPrrrr
I have not forgotten but at the time it didn't impact me too much. I was just happy to leave school early. I remember my mom crying and crying and I felt very confused.

It impacted me indirectly later when my Dad had to go fight in Iraq. That one really impacted me and activated some really bad anger issues in myself. Even when he came home it wasn't much better; he was a different person. Lot of PTSD. Went from being very nice to kind of an asshole for about 12 years. Now he's kind of mellowed out and much nicer like I remember from before the war so that's cool

C.Mongler

i remember it distinctly because i was fuckin terrified my dad was gonna go to war and die. thankfully he never was deployed, but it wracked my mind for weeks and was probably one of my first experiences with anxiety lol

and dang ypr i didnt know you had a pops who was deployed. sorry to hear it took a toll on him  cry;

YPrrrr

Yeah that every day fear of never seeing him again sucked. And every morning at school we'd watch the news and see footage from the war and hear about all the casualties. That sucked. I haven't really watched the news since then.

Also that's about the time I stopped playing as many sports and spent more time playing video games and going online because my dad was the only one in my family who would play basketball or whatever with me.

So in a weird way I was eventually brought to Boyah by 9/11 since I joined Nsider while my dad was deployed

C.Mongler

Mando Pandango

It was an enormous influence on our generation, that's for certain.

Also I remember outsider nearly dying on 9/10 in like 2006 or 07 and there was a big joke about that.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

6M69I69B9

i havent known anyone to forget tbh- but then again, im prob the one to bring it up ever, no one else brings it up to me so i feel like maybe ppl just play along sometimes???  i dont got any relatives or friends or even friends of relatives/friends that know anyone from the attacks that was affected or even know anyone that was related to a victim.  but every year, i look up all the 9/11 footage, especially from crowd perspective.  hits me so hard that i honestly won't be able to sleep after some chilling vids

not even necessarily around 9/11, sometimes just randomly

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 11, 2019, 09:20:32 AMAnd every morning at school we'd watch the news and see footage from the war and hear about all the casualties.
what the

anyway gla to hear it's gotten better since for him
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Daddy

C.Mongler

zoomers love 9/11 memes they certainly have forgotten the least

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 11, 2019, 06:41:14 AMi ponder this every year we always say never forget but i have a hard time believing anyone who was cognizant at the time of 9/11 would have the ability to forget the event that probably changed the way they experienced the world forever ya know

who are these people that we are concerned they are forgetting

Give it another decade or so. Past tragedies are always forgotten, or just about forgotten

Go Up