March 28, 2024, 01:51:51 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

tetris 99

Started by 6M69I69B9, September 09, 2019, 05:10:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

September 09, 2019, 05:10:00 PM Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:14:22 PM by 6M69I69B9
how have youy guys bbeen taking tetris 99's recent patch so far?
tfw im so burnt out of the game, but i really want to get that one win

made it to 3rd place at invictus, now personal best

been doing more t-spins
also did my first t-spin triple
https://clips.twitch.tv/CuriousCovertBisonPoooound
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

6M69I69B9

I CAN'T DO IT
I'M TOO WORN OUT OF THE GAME. 

@antmaster5000 have you had any success if you've been playing?

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

strongbad

no lol it is so hard. i've gotten top 10 a couple times but never top 5. i mostly need to work t-spins into my game more naturally, but i usually get a few setups off per game without trying too hard which is pretty good from never doing them ever until a few months ago

the new mode definitely re-lit the spark for me but it really just makes me want a true 1v1 ranked mode :(

6M69I69B9

September 12, 2019, 05:45:56 PM #3 Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:27:24 PM by 6M69I69B9
DID IT
GOD DAMN IT

TWITCH HIGHLIGHT (Top 12 to finish):
https://bit.ly/2m79HkS

I can now approach life in a healthy way with this past me.  I was really getting at myself for not winning for so long.
The thing is, I was probably in one of the worst mental states doing this- I'm sick, congested to Hell, disgruntled at the many top 5's I've had with no success, all in a dark room illuminated by my screens.  I was just so fed up LMAO.  And, I played it slower compared to how I usually play. 

Also, damn I fucked over a guy with the Invictus T tetrimino icon, Jesus. 
EDIT: lol nvm thought he had the accomplished T

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 10, 2019, 07:04:24 PMno lol it is so hard. i've gotten top 10 a couple times but never top 5. i mostly need to work t-spins into my game more naturally, but i usually get a few setups off per game without trying too hard which is pretty good from never doing them ever until a few months ago

the new mode definitely re-lit the spark for me but it really just makes me want a true 1v1 ranked mode :(
man def relit my interest.
im prob gonna be playing more- but less obsessive over win now LMAO

the worst part is, man, you actually have little to no chance to winning without any badges.  in reg 99, it was doable bc top 10/5 literally could have been someone who was playing it like a marathon.  But with Invictus, people know the game, and can make it last much longer.  i actually don't know how i got KO's focusing on attackers lol.  Also, scoring a KO is sad knowing that whoever threw garbage last, gets the KO.  I once did an 11 combo set up, just for the guy to be KO'd by someone else at the end LMAO.

Nyerp

conkratulation your becoeem teetris

strongbad

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on September 12, 2019, 05:45:56 PMDID IT
GOD DAMN IT

TWITCH HIGHLIGHT (Top 12 to finish):
https://bit.ly/2m79HkS

I can now approach life in a healthy way with this past me.  I was really getting at myself for not winning for so long.
The thing is, I was probably in one of the worst mental states doing this- I'm sick, congested to Hell, disgruntled at the many top 5's I've had with no success, all in a dark room illuminated by my screens.  I was just so fed up LMAO.  And, I played it slower compared to how I usually play. 

Also, damn I fucked over a guy with the Invictus T tetrimino icon, Jesus. 
EDIT: lol nvm thought he had the accomplished T

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 10, 2019, 07:04:24 PMno lol it is so hard. i've gotten top 10 a couple times but never top 5. i mostly need to work t-spins into my game more naturally, but i usually get a few setups off per game without trying too hard which is pretty good from never doing them ever until a few months ago

man def relit my interest.
im prob gonna be playing more- but less obsessive over win now LMAO

the worst part is, man, you actually have little to no chance to winning without any badges.  in reg 99, it was doable bc top 10/5 literally could have been someone who was playing it like a marathon.  But with Invictus, people know the game, and can make it last much longer.  i actually don't know how i got KO's focusing on attackers lol.  Also, scoring a KO is sad knowing that whoever threw garbage last, gets the KO.  I once did an 11 combo set up, just for the guy to be KO'd by someone else at the end LMAO.
yeah i actually started doing the strat where you build super high, get tons of people to target you, and then target attackers. pretty cheesy but i can usually get 1-2 badges pretty early on. congrats on the win though! i definitely want to get there soon but i just haven't invested the time. how many wins do you have on normal 99?

Mando Pandango

Fucking congrats man. Go outside. Take a walk. Eat a vegetable. Take a shower. God bless, you've earned it. Take care of yourself, homie.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

6M69I69B9

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 12, 2019, 07:24:16 PMyeah i actually started doing the strat where you build super high, get tons of people to target you, and then target attackers. pretty cheesy but i can usually get 1-2 badges pretty early on. congrats on the win though! i definitely want to get there soon but i just haven't invested the time. how many wins do you have on normal 99?
thanks lol.  and tbh i used to do that until i realized ppl just caught on, or so i think?? in reg 99 i'd sometimes get some games where ppl would mass target me but then take their scope off of me lol, and i assume they do it bc maybe they look at who they're targeting?  so i just played like normal with my target as attackers and somehow i do just ok

as for wins, 28/304. 
anyway invictus made me a bit more skilled in reg 99 though, the speed is just great adapting to.
i really want to work on my speed.  the thing is i think maybe using the gc controller might be limiting me?  i tried using the joycons and mannnn i think i could pull off my moves faster but i think my hands get sore after using them compared to the gc, where im just ok

but yeah overall invictus seems like a more focused race on badges compared to reg.  also i truly suggest making the occassional t-spin a habit if u havent yet.  i didn't before 99 but when i got to invictus, i just had to adapt after realizing it is the shit.  tfw cant do triple t spins on the fly, only when im starting lol.  but yeah late game man...theyre just broke, esp for combating garbage coming @ u

also lol what's your highest combo for a stack?  it wasnt on tet 99 but i have a dsi version i play and i got 17 once from a 3 wide.  but i think i should adapt to 4 wide like wumbo does.  lol i only learned of doing 2 wide/3 wide set ups in the last month.  before that, i was just spamming 4 longs lmao

Quote from: Mando Pandango on September 12, 2019, 09:01:29 PMFucking congrats man. Go outside. Take a walk. Eat a vegetable. Take a shower. God bless, you've earned it. Take care of yourself, homie.
ok ok i wasnt that obsessive lol i have been working near full time and been sick for the past few days.  it was just that i played it the most of all games ive been into recently.  but i did neglect streaming in general and not drawing my emote

btw i did all of those things today lol

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: Mando Pandango on September 12, 2019, 09:01:29 PMFucking congrats man. Go outside. Take a walk. Eat a vegetable. Take a shower. God bless, you've earned it. Take care of yourself, homie.
do u gotta be condescending

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Nah but I see a lot of my friends dealing with similar issues and I've been there in the past so I can project about it. Sorry if I was shitty, man.

6M69I69B9

i understand, thx for the lookout
im good thoguh
thank god it's t99 and not a gacha lmao

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on September 13, 2019, 11:55:43 PMi understand, thx for the lookout
im good thoguh
thank god it's t99 and not a gacha lmao

yeah dude. play games and enjoy yourself brother. just don't get hooked on spending cash on fake girls LOL

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

Go Up