April 16, 2024, 05:59:03 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Mario Maker 2

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2019, 06:41:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ClassicTyler

I got to the spiky beetles and was done. lol

TooB

Damn, lol. Guess I wasnt the only one who found the spike jump hard.

Kazzo Mario

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i want to play this dumbass kaz level

ClassicTyler

Thyme

omg that dancing frog character in the story mode giggle;

don't let's

June 29, 2019, 03:43:23 PM #35 Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 05:35:52 PM by don't let's
My biggest problem was the paratroopa under the pipe. And the fact that I apparently did not know how to effectively jump off springs and enemies. I had to stop at the bullet bill for now because I haven't quite figured out the timing for that and I've had to go through it so many times now.

ClassicTyler

Here's another one:

3XD-62X-NTG

Nothing hard, just a nice 3D World themed level.

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Samus Aran on June 28, 2019, 08:43:54 PMidk why it wasnt working but i reuploaded it and it works now

5KV VHR 5MG

fuck this :(

Samus Aran

LMAO it's wild because i didn't even think it was that hard, but admittedly it is very sloppily thrown together and i kinda just said "fuck it" and left some things as they were instead of making them more reasonable (namely the jump over the spike traps after the spike tops)

Quote from: don't let's on June 29, 2019, 03:43:23 PMMy biggest problem was the paratroopa under the pipe. And the fact that I apparently did not know how to effectively jump off springs and enemies. I had to stop at the bullet bill for now because I haven't quite figured out the timing for that and I've had to go through it so many times now.

fyi, there is no "timing" for jumping off enemies. as long as you are holding down the jump button, you will get max height off the jump. you can be holding the button the whole time if you want. so enemy jumps are always easy peasy.

springs though, yeah you have to press the jump button at the right time. it's pretty generous timing tho, at least compared to like, the shitty springs in the actual smb1

Samus Aran

Quote from: ClassicTyler on June 29, 2019, 10:25:23 AMI didn't finish

No Kaizo Mario levels plz

just an fyi, nothing in the level is kaizo at all. tight jumps aren't trolls

Samus Aran

i'm actually a bit miffed that the checkpoint system is still so limited. it's nice that we've got so many doors and pipes we can use, but the checkpoints are lacking.

AAAAAAAA

Made one: YWK-0D1-FMG

Samus Aran

new level finished! this time it's more of an actual level and while there are some tricky parts, it's not totally dickish this time lmao

9FW 6B6 PGG

Samus Aran

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on June 30, 2019, 12:22:17 AMMade one: YWK-0D1-FMG

fun concept! took me way too long to remember how the propeller hat works tho tbh lmao, and i gotta be honest i hate how precise it is to get into vertical pipes from below sometimes. but ya fun level

Quote from: ClassicTyler on June 29, 2019, 04:16:09 PMHere's another one:

3XD-62X-NTG

Nothing hard, just a nice 3D World themed level.

this level is also fun giggle;

don't let's

Quote from: Samus Aran on June 29, 2019, 08:51:46 PMLMAO it's wild because i didn't even think it was that hard, but admittedly it is very sloppily thrown together and i kinda just said "fuck it" and left some things as they were instead of making them more reasonable (namely the jump over the spike traps after the spike tops)

Quote from: don't let's on June 29, 2019, 03:43:23 PMMy biggest problem was the paratroopa under the pipe. And the fact that I apparently did not know how to effectively jump off springs and enemies. I had to stop at the bullet bill for now because I haven't quite figured out the timing for that and I've had to go through it so many times now.

fyi, there is no "timing" for jumping off enemies. as long as you are holding down the jump button, you will get max height off the jump. you can be holding the button the whole time if you want. so enemy jumps are always easy peasy.

springs though, yeah you have to press the jump button at the right time. it's pretty generous timing tho, at least compared to like, the shitty springs in the actual smb1

My problem was I think I was doing it backwards at first, holding down jump for springs sometimes and pressing jump for enemies. So that paratroopa part in particular was giving me trouble because of that.

Go Up