April 18, 2024, 04:52:59 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Sword and Shield

Started by bluaki, February 27, 2019, 07:48:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Update: Later towns are better designed and much prettier. But still not much to do in them.

Also raids are fun. Finding a Gigantamax raid is pretty exciting

Samus Aran

loving this game so far. the whole spectator sports aesthetic is really cool, right down to the goofy but really endearing trading cards. dynamax is cool too, and wow, raids that don't suck! and it's just exciting to have pokemon in hd on a console.

obviously i'm as annoyed with the dex cut as i should be, but i can't deny that i've been having a blast with everything that is in the game.

YPrrrr

Just beat this last night. Very enjoyable game on the whole. The way they structured the final battles was great imo. Definitely unique to Galar and I wish that was how they always structured the end game. I will say the fight against the legendary pokemon is a bit anticlimactic though.

Not a ton of postgame content unfortunately but I am still having a ton of fun trying to get all the gigantamax pokemon from raids and I love the idea of the experience candy you receive to help raise low level pokemon into relevance more quickly.

Samus Aran

beat it now as well, still got post-game stuff to do tho. i put about 45 hours into this before "beating" it. 200 pokemon caught.

the game's got its issues but all in all it's just another great entry for this series. story-wise it's pretty weak but i liked it more than x/y in pretty much every way other than the obvious one (the dex cut).

btw, idk if y'all know about this already, but they are going to be adding at least 35 pokemon back in, likely during events. datamining has shown data/sprites for the gen 1 and 7 starters, various legendaries, etc.

YPrrrr

Also idk if I've been an idiot until now but breeding for ivs and natures feels the easiest it's ever been which is nice

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPrrrr on November 25, 2019, 04:58:08 AMAlso idk if I've been an idiot until now but breeding for ivs and natures feels the easiest it's ever been which is nice

what's different about it? all i've noticed is that hatching eggs seems faster but maybe that's just because the rotom bike is faster

YPrrrr

November 25, 2019, 09:32:23 PM #36 Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:36:39 PM by YPrrrr
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 25, 2019, 08:40:46 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on November 25, 2019, 04:58:08 AMAlso idk if I've been an idiot until now but breeding for ivs and natures feels the easiest it's ever been which is nice

what's different about it? all i've noticed is that hatching eggs seems faster but maybe that's just because the rotom bike is faster
nno is checking IVs easier or has it always been this simple

Also raids make it very easy to get good IV pokes

Also battle points are cheaper for Power Items, Destiny Knot. Also feel like it's easier to get BP now in general

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

srs

still mad as hell i can't have garchomp or breloom or skarmory

Samus Aran

okay but can we just talk about how this game has by far the best gym battle theme in the whole series like holy shit

finished it days ago and i'm still not over this fucking song

YPrrrr

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 28, 2019, 05:47:37 PMokay but can we just talk about how this game has by far the best gym battle theme in the whole series like holy shit

finished it days ago and i'm still not over this fucking song
It is great and I'm happy you can use it in the battle tower and online

don't let's

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 18, 2019, 07:12:04 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on November 18, 2019, 06:57:43 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on November 16, 2019, 02:03:07 PMMy two main complaints thus far are that at first it is absolutely jarring that there is no voice acting. I know Pokemon doesn't do this but as a game on a home console I kind of thought there would be cutscenes with voice acting or something. Nope. Nothing.

This shit is super weird to me in Luigi's Mansion 3 too lol, and its compounded by the fact that there's vocal noises, but no actual like words and phrases and shit. Just feels weird idk

I think Nintendo's ability to get away with grunt-acting in their games is coming to an end lol it's starting to get into uncanny valley territory methinks

it's most annoying when the "noise voice acting" is happening CONSTANTLY. i remember playing newsmbu and finding it very annoying that you've got mario, luigi, toad, and peach all communicating continuously via grunting in the intro

actually, i think toad's voice might be single handedly ruining this "vocal style" nintendo does

What's weird about the no voice acting is that it looks like they set up the cut-scenes with voice acting in mind. The way they make you sit through the whole animation of any particular part of the scene before you can advance the text box.

Go Up