April 20, 2024, 05:40:44 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Sword and Shield

Started by bluaki, February 27, 2019, 07:48:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

theres a pkmn based off an apple
so disgusting
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on November 07, 2019, 06:12:17 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on February 27, 2019, 11:37:44 AMgraphically, they look great.

what content shown elicited this opinion

i'm not sure what you mean? i still think the general look of this game is good. though of course this was an early opinion, i'm far less impressed now lol

C.Mongler

hahaa h'es got an ice cube for a head thats fuckin sick

tommy_no_ice

the new pokemon kick ass u can fuck off if u disagree. the apple man and ice cube man is rly creative so don't rag on it

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i miss the good old pokemon designs like rock with a face and a bunch of eggs

Thyme

let's not forget angry ball and larger smirking ball

Nyerp

every gen has its handful of butt-ugly terrible pokemon but i feel like the even good ones this gen don't look like pokemon anymore

anyway i just saw this thing for the first time ever and i've decided it's actually the worst pokemon. i'm sorry eiscue and applin

Thyme

ok yeah that one looks like it's from ni no kuni or something

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on November 09, 2019, 10:39:11 AMevery gen has its handful of butt-ugly terrible pokemon but i feel like the even good ones this gen don't look like pokemon anymore

anyway i just saw this thing for the first time ever and i've decided it's actually the worst pokemon. i'm sorry eiscue and applin

palpitoad is really bad yes. honestly that whole line (tympole, palpitoad, seismitoad) is pretty terrible

probably the ugliest gen 5 pokemon at the very least

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

what about this one? this guy looks dumb as hell

Nyerp

YPrrrr

Ok so I got this and so far it's very fun; there are so many useable Pokemon in every route and the wild area that it's really hard sticking to a 6 man team.

Dynamax stuff is actually sort of fun. Way better than the stupid Zmove shit. Not as fun as mega evolutions but eh... maybe more balanced though?

The game actually does a semi-decent job of balancing levels even with the mandatory experience share. Your rival is a total pushover though at least through the first two gyms.

My two main complaints thus far are that at first it is absolutely jarring that there is no voice acting. I know Pokemon doesn't do this but as a game on a home console I kind of thought there would be cutscenes with voice acting or something. Nope. Nothing.

Also the game outside of the wild area is super linear and doesn't create much of a sense of a region. More like a rail you can't navigate off of. Towns are also pretty boring imo.

C.Mongler

Quote from: YPrrrr on November 16, 2019, 02:03:07 PMMy two main complaints thus far are that at first it is absolutely jarring that there is no voice acting. I know Pokemon doesn't do this but as a game on a home console I kind of thought there would be cutscenes with voice acting or something. Nope. Nothing.

This shit is super weird to me in Luigi's Mansion 3 too lol, and its compounded by the fact that there's vocal noises, but no actual like words and phrases and shit. Just feels weird idk

I think Nintendo's ability to get away with grunt-acting in their games is coming to an end lol it's starting to get into uncanny valley territory methinks

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 18, 2019, 06:57:43 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on November 16, 2019, 02:03:07 PMMy two main complaints thus far are that at first it is absolutely jarring that there is no voice acting. I know Pokemon doesn't do this but as a game on a home console I kind of thought there would be cutscenes with voice acting or something. Nope. Nothing.

This shit is super weird to me in Luigi's Mansion 3 too lol, and its compounded by the fact that there's vocal noises, but no actual like words and phrases and shit. Just feels weird idk

I think Nintendo's ability to get away with grunt-acting in their games is coming to an end lol it's starting to get into uncanny valley territory methinks

it's most annoying when the "noise voice acting" is happening CONSTANTLY. i remember playing newsmbu and finding it very annoying that you've got mario, luigi, toad, and peach all communicating continuously via grunting in the intro

actually, i think toad's voice might be single handedly ruining this "vocal style" nintendo does

Go Up