April 18, 2024, 02:11:24 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Sword and Shield

Started by bluaki, February 27, 2019, 07:48:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

The new Switch Pokémon game revealed today is gen8. Releasing late 2019.

Here's the 7-minute Nintendo direct: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOPVBm0sA7Q

The new "Galar region" is definitely Great Britain and imo it's very pretty.
New starters: Grookey (grass monkey), Scorbunny (fire bunny), and Sobble (water lizard).
Gyms are back and wild battles work the same way as they always have.

So far there's no signs of any of the problems with Let's Go carrying over to here, which I appreciate. It'll probably have normal controls and outfit customization too, but those aren't quite confirmed yet. They probably won't say anything about PokeBank support until very shortly before release.

Samus Aran

graphically, they look great. i kinda hope the gyms in this game sort of incorporate the "challenges" that sun/moon had. i think a fusion of both would be really cool.

i'm pretty excited about this, always hyped for the next main entry in one of my favorite series

C.Mongler

Grookey is maybe the worst Pokemon name I've ever heard and I love it

6M69I69B9

designs look like ass tbh
gonna sobble through this gen
sword for sure
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

If that bunny ends up being fire/electric I will be very happy

I'm p. okay with all the first stages of these guys though so it's all up to the final stages/types

Like I said in the chat thread, I just wish there was an improvement on the game's animations and protagonist's models

Still gonna preorder this and become a pokemon master ofc no matter what

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPrrrr on February 27, 2019, 01:28:27 PMIf that bunny ends up being fire/electric I will be very happy

Fire/electric would rule, and make it so Heat Rotom isn't the only one anymore. We always need more variety. They've been doing good with recent gens and having starters with interesting, varied type combos. Hope we'll get some cool typing again.

YPrrrr

Yeah I'm not much of a fan of the Rotom forms so I'd really like to see other versions for Electric: Ghost/Fire/Ice/Grass

Really electric as a whole really suffers from a lack of secondary type diversity that I'm tired of hearing "But Rotom!" as a response

Samus Aran

Rotom is dumb tbh, and i'm sick of multi-forme Pokemon

bluaki

Unless you count Pikachu (or Jolteon), none of the starters so far have had any Electric typing.

Most of the types have been on at least one starter: Charizard has Flying, Charizard-X has Dragon, Venusaur has Poison, Empoleon has Steel, Delphox has Psychic, Decidueye has Ghost, Primarina has Fairy, and Fighting/Ground/Dark are each on multiple starters.
but none of the standard starter trios have ever, so far, evolved into a Normal, Rock, Bug, Ice, or Electric-type.

I'd like to see Scorbunny get Fire/Electric. That's a really nice typing.

Mando Pandango

I could see Grookey turning grass/rock also.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

I think Grass/Rock would be cool; it kind of seemed like a drummer in the trailer. So it would be a good pun if it turned out to be a rocker

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Samus Aran on February 27, 2019, 11:37:44 AMgraphically, they look great.

what content shown elicited this opinion

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on February 27, 2019, 01:12:38 PMdesigns look like ass tbh
gonna sobble through this gen
sword for sure
REDACTED

Nyerp

google eiscue

i just saved you $60

Go Up