March 28, 2024, 02:22:59 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Games you never thought you'd enjoy...but really do....

Started by ClassicTyler, November 29, 2018, 05:45:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ClassicTyler

I'd have to say Earth Defense Force is the most recent, because while it's really not a good game, it's fun as hell with online multiplayer.

And now that all these games have been ported to Switch, I can say games like Dark Souls and Skyrim have been amazing games for me.

You?

TooB

The hell you mean EDF isn't good?

...but seriously, Hot Shots Golf is a series for me

Nyerp

i thought i would never enjoy the mega man series because i perceived them as really hard old NES games that i'd probably give up on. but then, on a whim, i actually played them and found the difficulty to be much more manageable than i had previously thought

C.Mongler

Yakuza. I thought it was some boring shit like Shenmu.

Turns out its some fucking AWESOME SHIT LIKE FIST OF THE FUCKING NORTH STAR (literally, if you pick up the FotNS game too)

YPrrrr

Sadly League of Legends I spent a good 3-4 years of my life trapped inside that game when I never wanted to play it in the first place

C.Mongler

Oh yeah that reminds me, I watched my friend play Dota for years and thought it was inane dumb shit

And then dota 2 came out and I tried it and 3,000 hours later here I am

wawi

strongbad

Quote from: wawi on March 22, 2019, 04:40:08 PMif anyone wants to play EDF 4.1 let me know
dude i'm all about edf 4.1

what level shit do you have

wawi

Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 22, 2019, 05:10:16 PM
Quote from: wawi on March 22, 2019, 04:40:08 PMif anyone wants to play EDF 4.1 let me know

im pretty low leveled, i had no one to play with, ill double check

strongbad

Quote from: wawi on March 22, 2019, 05:48:31 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 22, 2019, 05:10:16 PM

im pretty low leveled, i had no one to play with, ill double check

i'd be down to carry you through some shit if you want- i have most of the end game shit on Air Raider, Ranger, and Wing Diver. I know Tyler was playing quite a bit too- could be fun to do a boyah edf night

i'm slowly getting through Inferno with a buddy of mine. Unfortunately he moved to Australia to finish his PHD a few weeks ago so it's been harder to play (although EDF somehow works well with the long distance connection). We're almost half way through i think

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i just got like all the dlc for earth defence force in the humble bundle so id be down to try too

strongbad

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on March 23, 2019, 05:42:56 PMi just got like all the dlc for earth defence force in the humble bundle so id be down to try too
shit i should have bought that

ClassicTyler

wawi

add me to playedf 4.1 on pc  im oatmeal on the discord

ClassicTyler

Go Up