March 28, 2024, 05:33:47 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Kazstream - ALTTP Randomization

Started by Samus Aran, November 09, 2018, 11:42:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

super metroid randomization is honestly so fuckin fun. lacking certain powers early on makes you have to totally rethink where you can go, and you have to be really careful of accidental softlocks. in this first playthrough i had to use power bombs a lot early on because i didn't find normal bombs for so long, which meant a lot of resetting or power bomb farming, but in the meantime, before i finally found those bombs i'd amassed most of the other abilities in the game

so yeah saturday night we're definitely doing a run of this shit on stream

Samus Aran

we may also start a randomized pokemon run tonight. of course more sm64 rom hacks is also always a thing we could do

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

Note to self: next time maybe dont do a Super Metroid randomization in one continuous run, do it in two pieces.

The run last night on stream ended up being terrible all just because it took an eternity to find the ice beam.

Next time i stream I'll probably start earlier (like 6-7 central) and the focus will be a randomized Pokemon Red.

Kalahari Inkantation

sry i falled asleep lol but i'll tune in next time happydood;

Samus Aran

It's ok I'm glad you came

We need some competition for Nyerp, he is by far and away the top chatter on Nightbot's stats rn

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Streaming tomorrow night at 7 central. Expect randomized Pokemon Red and SM64 hacks and whatever else I feel like.

I will be naming Pokemon after viewers and Boyagers in general, just like my old Pokemon stream.

Samus Aran

reminder that we are streaming in a few hours

Nyerp

i'll be about 20 minutes late this time sorry!!

Samus Aran

it ok, i have to do some initial setup anyway

but yeah stream is starting asap

Samus Aran

ok we starting

tho boyah is once again totally dead lol

Nyerp

Samus Aran

yeah, i actually kinda forgot because of smash, but i do plan to stream tonight, starting at 8pm central

more pokemon red rando to start with!

Samus Aran

stream is up, starting pkmn red shortly

Go Up