April 16, 2024, 07:02:34 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

useful browser extensions

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 18, 2018, 07:30:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

September 18, 2018, 07:30:44 PM Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:05:19 PM by Magyarorszag
What are your favorites, Boyah? y/n

i'm sure everyone here uses an adblocker of some sort (how dare you feel entitled to the works of content creators for free)

on my primary chrime profile, i keep it pretty minimal: nothing but ublock origin and history trends unlimited, which preserves and makes searchable your full history (chrome only makes the last 3 months available to the end user), analyzes it and produces all sorts of fun charts and other visualizations, and also optionally automatically makes a local backup of your full browser usage history at a scheduled time

an example of the analytics and fun graphics history trends unlimited generates: activity broken down by weekday

i really only use it for the extended history, but those other features are p. great too

on my alternate chrime profile, in addition to the aforementioned, i also use image search options, imagus, viewhance, merge windows, and webm options

don't let's

don't let's

don't let's

These days I like to keep my browsers pretty lean.

bluaki

I used to use more addons, but as more of the important features gradually made it into stock browsers I don't need most of them anymore.

All I have now is:
* uBlock Origin
* The Camelizer (shows pricing history graphs on Amazon)
* New XKit (makes tumblr usable)
* Image Properties Context Menu (lets me easily see stuff like image dimensions)
* AutoScroll (makes Chrome for Linux work like Chrome for Windows and every other browser for middle-click scrolling)

It really bugs me that those last two still aren't in Chrome by default. Firefox, Opera, and everything else has had those features since before Chrome even existed. Even Internet Explorer 6 has an image properties context menu.

I really want more extensions like Camelizer for other retailers like Newegg, Walmart, etc., but I can't find any that still work.

Hiro

uBlock and any "undo last closed tab" or tab history button are pretty much all I need but I have a bunch of weird tweaks and extensions on firefox i don't even know

strongbad

strongbad

Go Up