April 16, 2024, 12:42:20 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What should I play next? Blu Version

Started by bluaki, November 07, 2018, 02:02:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

I've never played more than the first level/chapter of any of these.

NieR Automata
5 (23.8%)
Kid Icarus Uprising
0 (0%)
The classic Kirby games I've never played: All the GB (DL1-3) and GBA (NiDL,AM) ones
4 (19%)
Shovel Knight
3 (14.3%)
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and Spirit Tracks
1 (4.8%)
Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and Tropical Freeze
6 (28.6%)
Some of the pre-Awakening FE games like Path of Radiance or the GBA ones
1 (4.8%)
Valkyria Chronicles
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

bluaki

November 07, 2018, 02:02:54 AM Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:06:43 AM by bluaki
Right now I'm playing through New Super Mario Bros 2 and Trace Memory 2 (Another Code R). They're not especially long. And I'm kinda playing through Fate/stay Night (UBW) if you even count that.

I've played all the Kirby console games since 64 and handheld ones since Squeak Squad, but nothing before that so I want to go back and play the GB and GBA ones. That's 5 games total, but they're short: Dream Land 1-3, Nightmare in Dream Land, and Amazing Mirror. I guess I can skip Kirby's Adventure and Super Star since they both have remakes.

After that I'm thinking NieR Automata is my highest priority, but I might as well ask for some input so I listed other options I'm seriously considering n_u

There are a bunch of other things I'd sorta like to play, but not as much, so I didn't list them. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one, though I'm not sure whether Blue/Sky/Super would be best to start with (I own all three). I haven't ever played Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and I have the 3DS version now. I also haven't fully played through any of the numbered Final Fantasy games, and I have an interest in FF Tactics too. Ori and the Blind Forest, Child of Light, and A Hat in Time are some other nice-looking platformers I own but haven't tried yet. There are some remakes I haven't played yet of games I like: Luigi's Mansion 3D, Twilight Princess HD, Zero Escape 999 HD.

There are some other games I have basic completion in but want to go back to 100% and try out some of the updates I haven't seen yet: Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Kirby Star Allies, and Kingdom Hearts.

then again Smash Ultimate is only a month away, Kingdom Hearts 3 is in late January, and Pokemon is next week. so I might not be spending much time on other games for a while. At least this Pokemon game seems shallow enough that I won't spend anywhere near as much time on it as I have on every other Pokemon game ever.

TooB

Nyerp

i would've voted for link's awakening, but....ugly; spirit tracks ugly;

bluaki

Quote from: Nyerp on November 07, 2018, 09:52:36 AMi would've voted for link's awakening, but....ugly; spirit tracks ugly;
I just grouped them because they're the only Zelda games I haven't played, not counting Crossbow Training, the Tingle spinoffs, Warriors, or CD-i.

Is Spirit Tracks that bad? I heard at least it doesn't have the glaring huge issues Phantom Hourglass had.

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on November 07, 2018, 10:42:29 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on November 07, 2018, 09:52:36 AMi would've voted for link's awakening, but....ugly; spirit tracks ugly;
I just grouped them because they're the only Zelda games I haven't played, not counting Crossbow Training, the Tingle spinoffs, Warriors, or CD-i.

Is Spirit Tracks that bad? I heard at least it doesn't have the glaring huge issues Phantom Hourglass had.

spirit's big glaring issue is the train itself. It sucks.

don't let's

The train was way better than the boat though. But they could do away with the transportation gimmicks.

C.Mongler

Hiro

The GBA Fire Emblems are still the best ones to be released in the US just fyi

Go Up