April 19, 2024, 04:06:04 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

woes of art - general project progression thread

Started by 6M69I69B9, October 26, 2018, 11:47:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

actually well, the painting was going to be mostly for my father, but ever since he passed, I've just been having less motivation towards it.  But I don't know.

Either way, I know I've gotta touch oil painting again- but it won't be for a while since I've got a bunch on my backlog already- but it's in anticipation to come back to oil painting in the long run.  They always say that if you can draw, you can most likely get into painting- and my strokes are great, i think I can get great depth with value with the right tools, and I know how to mix colors- but regardless I always get apprehensive (also high maintanence) but still want to give oil painting a proper try again.

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: Mando Pandango on April 07, 2020, 11:31:37 PMI've been working on a mashup album for a while. Just kinda making mashups whenever I think of them until I have enough good ones, then I'll polish everything up and drop it for free on bandcamp. Getting pretty good results honestly.

wips: https://soundcloud.com/ganonm/sets/diarrhea/s-WIoyH

Right now these are all mostly proof of concept and I'm gonna try to think of ways to add some spin. Honestly it's a really chill way to work on music where I don't really have to write much or at all.
these are fucking solid man, I love soundclown shit

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ClassicTyler

Quote from: ClassicTyler on October 26, 2018, 04:36:25 PMSo I've moved onto Blender and while I've been familiarizing myself with the techniques of high-poly modeling I wanted to jump back into game assets and start with a fresh new project that I could take a crash course on Unity with.

"Kingdom of the Beholder" is sort of a mixup of The Adventures of Lolo, Bomberman (classic) and Solomon's Key, if the ideas I have work out. But the art style is an intentionally low-poly, very soft cartoony look to it. Once I familiarize myself with the other rendering styles, I'll eventually add a soft bloom lighting effect to it.

The hardest part isn't the modeling, simply because when I used Anim8or the basics were there. The hardest part is learning how it is all correctly done on an industry-scale. Anim8or kinda followed its own rules but as a result never had quite the options or power that other programs do. That being said, the modeling isn't what's taking me so long - it's the UV's, the modifiers, and the rendering.

Here's a non-violent enemy "Blemmye" - he's more of a wall really. He walks around and you should be able to avoid enemy attacks while behind him. On top of that, you should be able to trip him on ledges when you need a bridge against a gap, and if you were to have meat on you, you could also make him follow you to where you need him.

The Blemmye (Google it - it's the exact name) is actually based off the real medieval Blemmye legend.
Holy fuck.

Well, here's something to show some progress.
More details soon hopefully. This is a WIP - everything will be updated eventually. Models built in Blender and engine in Unreal Engine 4...

https://youtu.be/Gt5Gh01jfww

Samus Aran

i am a bit hesitant to share most of what i have done since i got a drawing tablet in january but

here's something that i think is pretty neat happydood;

ClassicTyler

Samus Aran

lol sure, if you give me enough time. i was never very confident with traditional media because i tend to make a lot of mistakes, and you can really only erase so much. but with digital art, i'm free to take as long as i want. and even that simple drawing took me many hours.

but it's fun! and very relaxing.

ClassicTyler

6M69I69B9

March 24, 2021, 07:07:09 PM #24 Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 07:12:18 PM by 6M69I69B9
ooo forgot to post on here
finally did an oil painting for once lol
finished this just before 2021, but man lighting in il wasnt the best until very recent, hell, I only get the sun when it reflects off the paneling from another townhouse lmao, and finally felt like i could take a proper pic of it

https://bit.ly/2P4ZuV1

unironically rushed some of this, feel bad abt it bc i can see it as soon as it's zoomed in
but 2021 was ending and was losing time, one of my goals for 2020 was to finish an oil painting
the perspective for this is not meant to be so upclose
thus why i spaced myself away when taking this pic instead of cropping it

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

Mando Pandango

Dig that oil painting. I really like the way the rocks look against the sand. The colors/shapes.

Mando Pandango

Still working on mashups when inspiration strikes. Think i got enough conceptually for a minor release.

Also been trying to write more music but having a hard time satisfying myself with my own output. Some good stuff though. It's gonna be work to make this happen but i really want to see it through

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Mando Pandango on March 24, 2021, 07:19:43 PMStill working on mashups when inspiration strikes. Think i got enough conceptually for a minor release.

Also been trying to write more music but having a hard time satisfying myself with my own output. Some good stuff though. It's gonna be work to make this happen but i really want to see it through
based

also off topic but
i chime in your streams when i get a chance
i think the last time was when you were charting tera melos
was chill

Mando Pandango

oh hell yeah man, i like to lurk in streams sometimes too. thanks for checkin itt outttt

Hiro

Go Up