April 19, 2024, 04:39:37 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

TADAIMA ^__^

Started by Joice, October 23, 2018, 11:51:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

hey whats up joice do you still live in japan i cant remember also i'm attempting to go there myself soonish for teaching

Joice

Quote from: Khadafi on October 26, 2018, 11:34:16 AMhi joice wyd

nm hbu

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 26, 2018, 01:51:26 PMhey whats up joice do you still live in japan i cant remember also i'm attempting to go there myself soonish for teaching

ya i still live in japan.

japan needs english teachers btw

Samus Aran

Quote from: Joice on October 27, 2018, 12:36:30 AM
Quote from: Samus Aran on October 26, 2018, 01:51:26 PMhey whats up joice do you still live in japan i cant remember also i'm attempting to go there myself soonish for teaching

yeah the demand seems to only increase. first i'm going to try applying for JET, and if that doesn't work, i'll look into other programs (of which there are plenty), possibly eikaiwa

i really don't think i'll have difficulty getting a teaching job at all, it's just a matter of which program or school i end up with. i'm really hoping to be at least somewhat close to tokyo, mostly to make transportation easier.

Joice

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 27, 2018, 01:27:47 AM
Quote from: Joice on October 27, 2018, 12:36:30 AM

yeah the demand seems to only increase. first i'm going to try applying for JET, and if that doesn't work, i'll look into other programs (of which there are plenty), possibly eikaiwa

i really don't think i'll have difficulty getting a teaching job at all, it's just a matter of which program or school i end up with. i'm really hoping to be at least somewhat close to tokyo, mostly to make transportation easier.

you won't, it's easy to get an english teaching job here (4 year min degree from an accredited college + citizen documents from your home country, BG checks, etc). you don't even have to have a strong grasp in japanese language to teach here, though at least know common courtesy like bowing and handing/receiving money with both hands, etc and at least some survival phrases.

just make sure you get TEFL cert even though it's not a requirement for JET, it's still highly recommended.

also save up at least $5K before moving here, it's expensive af to live in japan

Silverhawk79

Joice

Samus Aran

Quote from: Joice on October 27, 2018, 11:27:49 AMyou won't, it's easy to get an english teaching job here (4 year min degree from an accredited college + citizen documents from your home country, BG checks, etc). you don't even have to have a strong grasp in japanese language to teach here, though at least know common courtesy like bowing and handing/receiving money with both hands, etc and at least some survival phrases.

just make sure you get TEFL cert even though it's not a requirement for JET, it's still highly recommended.

also save up at least $5K before moving here, it's expensive af to live in japan

well, i don't have time (or money really, tuition is over $1k) to get TEFL cert before the current application season ends for JET, so i'm trying to apply without it and hope for the best. if it really does seem like i'm going to get turned down by everyone without it, then i'll try to get certified but rn i'm really, really trying to avoid having to drop that cash on it.

frankly i would be genuinely surprised if i could manage to save up to 5k before moving lmfao i'm always dirt poor. i'm still going to push onward with this plan tho

Daddy

Go Up