March 28, 2024, 06:22:20 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Coke vs. Pepsi

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 14, 2018, 04:32:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

Coke
8 (80%)
Pepsi
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Mando Pandango

For the record, the packaging material only makes a difference because it affects what you're tasting when you put your lips on it. It's all the same shit. Pour it in a glass if you don't believe me.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

FAMY2

Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 24, 2018, 12:09:39 PM
Quote from: don't let's on October 24, 2018, 09:47:56 AM
Quote from: Travis on October 17, 2018, 09:31:46 PMglass bottle coke > fountain coke > plastic bottle coke > plastic bottle pepsi > can of coke > can of pepsi

Can is superior to plastic
canned beers are awesome

I like beer.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Mando Pandango on October 24, 2018, 01:16:05 PMFor the record, the packaging material only makes a difference because it affects what you're tasting when you put your lips on it. It's all the same shit. Pour it in a glass if you don't believe me.
according to the interwebs the packaging can affect the taste enough to make a difference.

The linings used in plastic and aluminum cans can leach into the drink or absorb soluble ingredients from the drink itself and create a subtle taste difference. Glass doesn't react much with the drink so is technically the most authentic

Soft drinks pour differently from glass/plastic/can openings, creating variations in carbonation when meeting your tongue.

Glass bottles remain colder longer (also take longer to cool) versus plastic or cans

If you drink from a plastic bottle, the opening and closing of the cap will affect carbonation

Also plastic bottles are more CO2 permeable; losing up to 15% of their carbonation in an experiment when stored, unopened, in direct sunlight for 12 weeks

Travis

Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 24, 2018, 12:09:39 PM
Quote from: don't let's on October 24, 2018, 09:47:56 AM
Quote from: Travis on October 17, 2018, 09:31:46 PMglass bottle coke > fountain coke > plastic bottle coke > plastic bottle pepsi > can of coke > can of pepsi

Can is superior to plastic
canned beers are awesome
you're right about the beer, but for some reason the taste of soda out of a can is really bad to me

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on October 24, 2018, 01:16:05 PMFor the record, the packaging material only makes a difference because it affects what you're tasting when you put your lips on it. It's all the same shit. Pour it in a glass if you don't believe me.

this is definitely false for the reasons ypr enumerated above, but in any case (lol) the difference in taste from one material to the other is pretty negligible to me

Mando Pandango

Are you gonna read articles or are you gonna try it yourself
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

drinking some lovely green tea and not getting diabetes atm

YPrrrr

Still rotting your teeth tho

ME##

Quote from: YPrrrr on October 30, 2018, 12:35:08 PMStill rotting your teeth tho
teeth are meant to be rotted

God didn't create our teeth to last 80+years

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on October 30, 2018, 06:01:12 PMGod didn't create our teeth to last 80+years

ain't that the truth smth;

YPrrrr

Hiro

tab > crystal pepsi > cherry coke > coke > cherry pepsi > coke zero > dietcoke > pepsi > diet pepsi

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Hiro on February 21, 2019, 08:43:43 PMtab > crystal pepsi > cherry coke > coke > cherry pepsi > coke zero > dietcoke > pepsi > diet pepsi
this post brought to you by urban outfitters

Hiro

urban outfitters is shit though
also what's wrong with cherry coke
I only know of Tab because my elementary school principal was an old lady who made sure they stocked it in the teacher's lounge soda machine, where I found it and it's been my favorite soda ever since

YPrrrr

If they made a non fake sugar of Tab I would drink it

Go Up