March 28, 2024, 02:44:21 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Coke vs. Pepsi

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 14, 2018, 04:32:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

Coke
8 (80%)
Pepsi
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

mmmm my favorite flavor of soda: Brown

YPrrrr

Either idc they're not that distinct

Thyme

iced tea is literally the only soft drink i've been consuming for the past three years goodjob;

but coke tbh

YPrrrr

Is iced tea considered a soft drink in Canadia

Thyme

Quote from: YPrrrr on October 14, 2018, 10:02:35 AMIs iced tea considered a soft drink in Canadia

idklol

i consider it a soft drink confuseddood;

tho i'm not talking about homemade iced tea, i mean garbaggio iced tea like nestea and brisk

ME##

Quote from: YPrrrr on October 14, 2018, 09:57:56 AMEither idc they're not that distinct

I've never understood this sentiment since their flavors are so different at least to me lol. I guess Coke and Pepsi are closer to each other than they are to Dr Pepper but it's still easy to distinguish between them.

C.Mongler

they're both garbage cancer sugar water who cares

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on October 14, 2018, 10:11:40 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on October 14, 2018, 10:02:35 AMIs iced tea considered a soft drink in Canadia

idklol

i consider it a soft drink confuseddood;

tho i'm not talking about homemade iced tea, i mean garbaggio iced tea like nestea and brisk
Oh okay those are probably pretty close to soft drinks  n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on October 14, 2018, 10:22:02 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on October 14, 2018, 09:57:56 AMEither idc they're not that distinct

I've never understood this sentiment since their flavors are so different at least to me lol. I guess Coke and Pepsi are closer to each other than they are to Dr Pepper but it's still easy to distinguish between them.

and yet i don't think i could tell them apart either, unless maybe i were drinking both together and making a point to identify the differences in taste lol

i don't think i've ever even had coke and pepsi available to me at once to test this, but that might be a fun experiment

i guess if i HAD to pick one it'd be coke, but that feels like a mostly arbitrary choice, maybe i just like the color of the coke can more lol

but if i were to request coke and be served pepsi i wouldn't even notice

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on October 14, 2018, 10:01:09 AMiced tea is literally the only soft drink i've been consuming for the past three years goodjob;

nic--

Quote from: Thyme on October 14, 2018, 10:11:40 AMi mean garbaggio iced tea like nestea and brisk

oh

w-why myface;

Kalahari Inkantation

technically anything that isn't alcoholic (a "hard" drink) is a soft drink, excluding pure water, milk solutions and infusions like coffee/tea

https://www.britannica.com/topic/soft-drink

but it's often used as a synonym for 'carbonated beverage', i guess because (north) america is a soda society so what other drinks could there be aside from soda and beer lol

Quote from: Thyme on October 14, 2018, 10:01:09 AMiced tea is literally the only soft drink i've been consuming for the past three years goodjob;

so i can assume this means thyme is a hardcore alcoholic goowan

Thyme

Quote from: Magyarorszag on October 16, 2018, 04:51:58 AMoh

w-why myface;

it taste good fam

i know it's unhealthy, it's the bubbles i stay away from

Quote from: Magyarorszag on October 16, 2018, 05:09:48 AMso i can assume this means thyme is a hardcore alcoholic goowan

iced tea is one of only three beverages i ever consume along with water and hot chocolate 5thgrade;

wait nvm gatorade has recently been added to that list

Kalahari Inkantation

October 16, 2018, 10:05:05 AM #13 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:18:58 AM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: Thyme on October 16, 2018, 06:03:00 AM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on October 16, 2018, 04:51:58 AMoh

w-why myface;

it taste good fam

i know it's unhealthy, it's the bubbles i stay away from

oh, i wasn't questioning the nutritional sensibility of your choices, i was more questioning your palate lol

i love iced tea too but i don't really like nestea or especially brisk because in addition to being only faintly lemon tea flavored, it also somehow stings all the way down

brisk in particular reminds me of this:

which i don't know if you have in canada but is notorious for being this extremely cheap artificial juice that's so cloyingly sweet that it burns lol

in terms of healthiness, i would assume that mass produced iced tea is at least a little better than soda if only because it doesn't contain phosphoric acid, but idklol

i also imagine iced tea is at least slightly less sugary

the carbonation isn't really what makes soder a problem though, unless it's specifically the bubbles that you happen to be sensitive to

it's probably the combination of phosphoric acid and high sugar content that damages teeth and weakens bones and elevates risk for the beetus

Quote from: Thyme on October 16, 2018, 06:03:00 AMwait nvm gatorade has recently been added to that list

try pickle juice next y/n

In all seriousness though, now that you've been drinking it for a while, how much would you say it's eased those long walks? O_0

Thyme

oh lol, idk it doesn't burn for me
at least not as much as... idk, sunny d befuddlement

and idk about the gatorade, i feel it might have helped, but on my last two long walks heat wasn't as much of a factor and i definitely didn't need to hydrate as much so

Go Up