April 23, 2024, 05:35:07 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How many Steam games do you have, and Jesus Christ, why?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 30, 2018, 02:46:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

October 03, 2018, 01:14:36 AM #15 Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:25:00 AM by Magyarorszag
me tbh:

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1123 ($302 with sales)
  • Games owned: 84
  • Games played: 12 (14%)
  • Hours on record: 723.9h

445 (>61%) of those hours are Skyrim alone. And I'm not even finished with Skyrim. goowan

even this looks overwhelming, and there are there are only maybe ~10 that realistically i'm unlikely to ever seriously play

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on October 01, 2018, 02:10:06 PMall the games i buy are worth thinking about playing for me

All 575 of them? I don't think I could name 575 games period, let alone within conditions like on Steam and worth even thinking about playing. sillydood;

Quote from: Thyme on October 01, 2018, 02:10:06 PMwell your bias against indie games won't really help you understand lol

lol that's true i guess

although i wouldn't characterize my bias as against indie games alone, it's more generally against games that consensus deems likely to be unworthy of my time, and goodness knows there are a lot of indies (and non-indies) that aren't worthy of anyone's time

i guess that bias combines with my disdain for the romanticization of indies to make it seem as if i particularly dislike indies lol

i don't, but like any game they must go through a process of extreme vetting before they appear on my radar

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on October 02, 2018, 06:59:15 AM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 30, 2018, 02:46:54 PMA comprehensive list of good Steam exclusives:

•     ‌ ‍ ‎ ‏                 

Idk Civ V

keep going, that list is empty at least partly due to my own ignorance lol, and i'm sure there's more than just civ

What other good exclusives or practical exclusives (like today's TF2) does Steam have? befuddlement

YPrrrr

All you need is Civ

But also basically any game made by Paradox like Europa Universalis

Ummm idk Xcom is good but it might've been ported to consoles I forget. Dota 2 (but I don't play this).

Umm idk a lot of the games I own are older PC games that aren't technically Steam exclusive

Samus Aran

my library is basically indie games, garbage stuff that came in humble bundles, and stuff that was a much better deal on steam than on other platforms

i definitely don't make a habit of ever prioritizing steam over other platforms unless i have good reason to

all of that amasses to:

• Worth: $2222 ($527 with sales)
  • Games owned: 245
  • Games played: 25 (10%)
  • Hours on record: 117.9h

note that there's also some free games not included in this, because when you uninstall free games (which i do, after finishing them) they disappear from your library. which is a bit annoying but whatever lol

AAAAAAAA

* **Worth:** $5930 ($1513 with sales)

* **Games owned:** 471

* **Games played:** 228 *(48%)*

* **Hours on record:** 2,827.9h

Some of you are more hardcore than me, and that makes me feel better.

bluaki

I own 244 games on Steam. Of those:

5 I actually completed on PC: Portal, Kindred Spirits, Hatoful Boyfriend, Planetarian, Life is Strange
4 more I played a substantial amount of on Steam: Recettear, Neptunia ReBirth 1, Undertale, Gunvolt
6 I completed on other systems: Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Generations, Cave Story+, World of Goo, Back to the Future
28 I actually bought through Steam instead of redeeming download codes from Humble Bundle or whatever (these add up to $234.11, of which $46 are games I haven't even touched)

myface;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 02, 2018, 05:42:57 AM1,575 games, scrubs

jesus absolute christ myface;

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 02, 2018, 11:09:47 AMnaw the dollar bundle craze just ruined me.

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 03, 2018, 03:36:10 PMgarbage stuff that came in humble bundles

Here's another question: why even bother redeeming codes for games that you know are garbage or are otherwise low value to you? befuddlement

whenever i buy into a humble bundle or smth i only ever activate the codes i care about lol

to me, keeping pollution on my steam page to a minimum is worth much more than activating any game irrespective of quality just because i can

even if i paid for a shovelware game, to redeem it would still be a waste of time and energy if i have no intention of ever even thinking about playing it

the way steam game lists have ballooned in recent years seems like some manifestation of sunk cost fallacy lol (well i paid for it so now i have to activate it)

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on September 30, 2018, 02:46:54 PMA comprehensive list of good Steam exclusives:

•     ‌ ‍ ‎ ‏                 

C.Mongler

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on October 05, 2018, 09:22:40 PMHere's another question: why even bother redeeming codes for games that you know are garbage or are otherwise low value to you? befuddlement
cuz why not lol

steam has a shit ton of filtering/search library features, I can more-or-less ignore them and then i dont have to wonder if i bought them already when i have keys floating out there unsearchable in the ether as opposed to my actual library

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on December 29, 2022, 07:41:07 AM
Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on September 30, 2018, 02:46:54 PMA comprehensive list of good Steam exclusives:

•     ‌ ‍ ‎ ‏                 

dota 2, the best and worst game of all time
also i'm up to 2102 games lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 03, 2018, 03:36:10 PMMy Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2222 ($527 with sales)
  • Games owned: 245
  • Games played: 25 (10%)
  • Hours on record: 117.9h

note that there's also some free games not included in this, because when you uninstall free games (which i do, after finishing them) they disappear from your library. which is a bit annoying but whatever lol

update: free games you put in your library no longer disappear from your library when you uninstall them. when did this happen? it's nice tho, helps you keep track easier

also, update:

• Value: $1475
  • Games owned: 503
  • Games played: 100 (19%)
  • Hours on record: 726.0h

Thyme

Quote from: Thyme on September 30, 2018, 04:46:35 PMMy Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: CDN$ 8085 (CDN$ 2155 with sales)
  • Games owned: 575
  • Games played: 307 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 1,768.8h

damn 2018 thyme these are some rookie numbers

• Value: CDN$ 3119
  • Games owned: 823
  • Games played: 383 (46%)
  • Hours on record: 2,300.8h

Thyme

Go Up