March 28, 2024, 02:18:17 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sittin here, readin Boyah

Started by ClassicTyler, September 30, 2018, 01:37:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ClassicTyler

Worried to death. My car's not well and it'd cost a lot to fix it. I may as well get a new (used) car. I have the credit to get a decent monthly rate, it's a matter of not having the money. I may be stuck riding the bus like a POOR PERSON.

To make things worse, I heave heartburn from dinner and am eating some cereal now. The cereal has fallen from the spoon onto my hairy chest. The milk makes it all sticky and when I try to clean it, it makes my tiddies hurt.

How are you guys?

Samus Aran

My car has a minor leak in the line going from the filler to the gas tank, so I lose a little bit of gas every time I fill it. I suppose it's also somewhat of a hazard, but at least it's not the tank itself leaking. The car's exhaust system is also busted, the muffler broke off the piping on one side, and the clamp on one pipe seems to have been destroyed when this happened, and the piping itself is a bit fucked on the exposed ends too so I don't think it's going to be as simple as putting a new muffler on at all.

Problems that I can live with, but problems nonetheless, and like you, I can't really afford to fix them probably. If it comes down to it, I guess I'll also just start taking the bus lmao

I've also just generally been a fucking wreck lately. But...this recent decision to possibly try to teach abroad for a couple years starting in hopefully 2020 has been giving me a little hope and drive that I really needed.

strongbad

Why don't you guys take the bus anyways? Less convenient I guess and maybe where you live has not great public transit?

Silverhawk79

What's wrong with your car? My transmission had to be rebuilt about 2 years ago, which sucked ass, but it's basically been running with no issues ever since. Well, aside from the usual wear and tear items.

reeper

If we're on the subject of cars I'm about to take mine into the body shop to get it repaired after that pedo hit me.

Gotta get a rental for a couple weeks or more ugh.

ME##

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 30, 2018, 06:37:01 AMWhy don't you guys take the bus anyways? Less convenient I guess and maybe where you live has not great public transit?

yeah i wouldn't call public transit where i live great. i don't live in minneapolis proper, i live in a suburb. for me to take a bus to work, it takes at least 40 minutes, well over an hour on the weekends

on the other hand, it takes me 12 minutes to drive to work in my car

ClassicTyler

I just don't want to be a poor person sitting next to other poor people.

ME##

YPrrrr

Biking in Texas would just be the absolute worst

Anyway if you live outside a major city in the US public transit is terrible.

strongbad

Yeah those are situations where I reserve my anti car elitism because you don't really have other options

Although I'd probably still bike lol

YPrrrr

Well you are the bike god and literally biked through a desert so I can't argue with that!

strongbad

Ya but if your commute is more than 10 miles each way I get not biking just for the time sink

But you don't need a gym membership anymore if you do that hocuspocus;

Go Up