April 18, 2024, 05:44:05 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

it's* name should be b@ch

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 24, 2018, 11:39:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

best name for that peach-bowser abomination

bowsette (ugly;)
2 (50%)
beach
0 (0%)
princess koopa
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

September 24, 2018, 11:39:01 PM Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 08:28:11 AM by Majorana's Incantation
peachette is a portmanteau of peach and toadette

"bowsette" implies a bowser-toadette hybrid, which this clearly isn't and i have no idea why that awful and completely inaccurate name ended up being the one to stick, it's so bad

beach should be the name of this bowser-peach character, and "princess koopa" as the japanese have taken to calling her/it is a much better name anyway

also this character is basically just 'slightly mischievous peach with horns', it's much more what you'd expect of peach with a bowser mushroom than bowser with a peach mushroom akudood;

bowser with a peach mushroom should be much more bowser-y, like an orange reptilian peach

not just peach with horns and a devilish grin madood;

#hottake

edit: the tw@ that started it all:

don't let's

don't let's

Though ette is just a common suffix to designate something as feminine so your first point isn't really valid. On the other hand it doesn't contain any part of peach's name

don't let's

Also, beach and not boadstool awdood; (or bowdstool)

bluaki

September 25, 2018, 03:51:06 AM #4 Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:05:23 AM by bluaki
Beach (and Peacher) would make sense but they're just basic words. I think something a bit longer like Bowseach or Peachser would be better.

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 24, 2018, 11:39:01 PMalso this character is basically just 'slightly mischievous peach with horns', it's much more what you'd expect of peach with a bowser mushroom than bowser with a peach mushroom akudood;

bowser with a peach mushroom should be much more bowser-y, like an orange reptilian peach

not just peach with horns and a devilish grin madood;

#hottake
This is consistent with how the Super Crown affects Toadette: it turns her into basically peach with a few Toadette-like features, not Toadette with a few Peach-like features. While I agree that sounds more like a Peach powerup than a Toadette one, that's just the way it is.

The depictions of "Bowsette"/Koopa-hime do vary and there are a bunch with darker skin and red or orange hair to fit the original Bowser appearance better.

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

Halfbreed filth
Insult to the Koopa race
Abomination of nature

Nyerp

dude what if we took a unique, memorable design and turned it into a generic sexy anime girl with horns

can't wait until this flavor-of-the-week bitch fades from memory. her name is irrelevant

TooB

it's name should be what it actually is....

"Crap"

C.Mongler

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on September 25, 2018, 03:23:53 AMThough ette is just a common suffix to designate something as feminine so your first point isn't really valid. On the other hand it doesn't contain any part of peach's name

yeah but "peachette" is not feminine peach lol, in this case -ette's specifically part of another character's name, not just a feminizing suffix

so the name "bowsette" makes no sense because it's neither just feminized bowser, nor is it a bowser-toadette combo, which are the only two possibilities the name "bowsette" could imply

instead, it's a bowser-peach hybrid that for some reason has no reference to peach in its name despite being EXTREMELY heavily biased towards peach even though it's literally bowser

also the name "bowsette" is just ugly beyond just not making sense lol

Mando Pandango

remember when cloud dressed up like a girl and got gang raped so he could save the world or whatever
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on September 25, 2018, 03:51:06 AMBeach (and Peacher) would make sense but they're just basic words. I think something a bit longer like Bowseach or Peachser would be better.

unfortunately there just isn't a good sensible english portmanteau of bowser and peach lol, none of those sound good and even if "beach" weren't already a word that wouldn't sound very good as a name either

maybe princess bowstood or princess bowdstool y/n

Quote from: bluaki on September 25, 2018, 03:51:06 AMThis is consistent with how the Super Crown affects Toadette: it turns her into basically peach with a few Toadette-like features, not Toadette with a few Peach-like features. While I agree that sounds more like a Peach powerup than a Toadette one, that's just the way it is.

and yeah i realize this but i also wish peachette's design were more fungal lol, instead it's pretty much exactly peach with a few superficial mushroom accouterments which is p. boring

they could certainly have been a little more creative with that idea, you would simply never know that isn't peach at all unless you were told

however i realize at that point that i'm nitpicking on what should be a completely irrelevant character who exists for the sole purpose of being multiplayer filler lol

but still, it does feel like a waste of a potentially nifty idea

Quote from: bluaki on September 25, 2018, 03:51:06 AMThe depictions of "Bowsette"/Koopa-hime do vary and there are a bunch with darker skin and red or orange hair to fit the original Bowser appearance better.

i have seen more bowserlike variants, but sadly they are just fringe variants, the standard is 'dark peach with sharp teeth and horns and a grin' lol

i guess a scaly reptilian snouted peach creature doesn't have enough fap appeal to the normies akudood;

Go Up