March 28, 2024, 01:59:28 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

It's time to kill the Gamecube controller.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 18, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

It's time to kill the Gamecube controller.

It's time to kill the Gamecube controller. Here's why.
1 (25%)
It's not time to kill the Gamecube controller. I will elaborate below.
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

seriously why the fuck; do we continue to reanimate this horribly obsolete corpse of a controller rather than leaving it back in 2000 where it belongs

the gamecube controller was okay for its time but it's now about 17 years old and boy does it show

do we really need to be appeasing and enabling all the whiny melee gamecube babies who swear it's still the greatest thing ever and apparently have never touched a more modem controller

yeah i really love that shitty d-pad

gee isn't the lack of clickable thumbsticks convenient

and who needs l2 or select or home buttons anyway

It is well beyond time to tear this decrepit pacifier from the grubby hands of Melee babies. smithicide;

prove me wrong: only absolute suckers '''need''' the lamecube controller to play smash

ClassicTyler

I plan on using the Pro Controller, because honestly it is more comfortable in every way.

Kalahari Inkantation

i personally haven't used a gamecube controller for smash since melee lol

REAL professionals use the Wii Remote/Nunchuck combo. srsly

i'm especially bitter that that's no longer supported, meanwhile the shitecube controller's rancid carcass is still being dragged along into 2018 just because melee babies apparently can't be arsed or are just 2dumb to learn how to use any other input device even if it's demonstrably superior to the shamecube controller in significant ways

ClassicTyler

Kalahari Inkantation

It's true. I'm genuinely annoyed that the vastly superior Wii Remote is dead and I'm being forced to relearn and use a more modern input device while Gamecube babies have been coddled since 2001 and will still get to use their djunk controller into the 2020s. SocksDood;

ClassicTyler

You really think the Wii Remote is superior to the Pro Controller?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ClassicTyler on September 18, 2018, 08:56:42 PMYou really think the Wii Remote is superior to the Pro Controller?

i haven't used the pro controller so i can't really compare the two

i meant the wii remote + nunchuck is massively superior to the lamecube controller lol

ClassicTyler

It's not much to look at but it's so gosh darn comfortable.

Kalahari Inkantation

and i'm sure it can't be any worse than the gamecube controller, and in and of itself i don't mind having to get accustomed to a new controller because typically with every new console comes a new controller, this has been true since time immemorial

I'm just annoyed that the Melee babies are singlehandedly keeping that stupid Gamecube controller alive well past its prime and never have to relearn a thing unlike everyone else. >_<'

the gamecube controller is not even good

TooB

ClassicTyler

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 09:06:33 PMand i'm sure it can't be any worse than the gamecube controller, and in and of itself i don't mind having to get accustomed to a new controller because typically with every new console comes a new controller, this has been true since time immemorial

I'm just annoyed that the Melee babies are singlehandedly keeping that stupid Gamecube controller alive well past its prime and never have to relearn a thing unlike everyone else. >_<'

the gamecube controller is not even good
You're gonna make Strongbad David ANGRY

TooB

It's hard to argue with one who played Punch Out Wii with motion controls sillydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on September 18, 2018, 09:11:28 PMIt's hard to argue with one who played Punch Out Wii with motion controls sillydood;

That's the only sensible input method for a game like Punch-Out. goowan

i mean that's the ideal use case for motion controls

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 09:13:56 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on September 18, 2018, 09:11:28 PMIt's hard to argue with one who played Punch Out Wii with motion controls sillydood;

That's the only sensible input method for a game like Punch-Out. goowan

i mean that's the ideal use case for motion controls

doodhuh;

Kalahari Inkantation

A comprehensive list of things that the Gamecube controller does well (vs. contemporary controllers):

Go Up