March 28, 2024, 02:49:15 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

It's time to kill the Gamecube controller.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 18, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

It's time to kill the Gamecube controller.

It's time to kill the Gamecube controller. Here's why.
1 (25%)
It's not time to kill the Gamecube controller. I will elaborate below.
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

>forcing you to choose your own channel

disqualified

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

YPrrrr

Quote from: Big Goop on September 24, 2018, 03:51:26 PMBest controller is n64
I wish I could say this but not even nostalgia can help this :(

Hiro

Honestly they just need to update it with improved ZL and ZR buttons, clickable sticks, gyroscope, larger d-pad, home button, + and -, wireless etc
Hell the shape doesn't even have to look the same as long as it feels the same in hand

But real talk even the GameCube dpad is better than any options on the Switch

TooB

Quote from: Hiro on November 02, 2018, 04:50:46 PMHonestly they just need to update it with improved ZL and ZR buttons, clickable sticks, gyroscope, larger d-pad, home button, + and -, wireless etc
Hell the shape doesn't even have to look the same as long as it feels the same in hand

real talk, no it ain't

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on November 02, 2018, 05:50:44 PMthe gamecube controller is amazing what are you smoking

The dpad is the only thing mentioned here, not the entire controller

Hiro

Quote from: Big Goop on November 02, 2018, 05:11:19 PM
Quote from: Hiro on November 02, 2018, 04:50:46 PMHonestly they just need to update it with improved ZL and ZR buttons, clickable sticks, gyroscope, larger d-pad, home button, + and -, wireless etc

real talk, no it ain't
No, it really is. I didn't say it was even good. The Gamecube pad is tiny and mushy, but the Joy-cons don't have a real  d-pad, and the Pro controller's d-pad is the worst d-pad Nintendo's ever made. It's weirdly stiff, can be pushed in flat, and has issues registering inputs correctly.

TooB

Quote from: Hiro on November 11, 2018, 08:49:13 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on November 02, 2018, 05:11:19 PM

real talk, no it ain't
it really is. I didn't say it was even good. The Gamecube pad is tiny and mushy, but the Joy-cons don't have a real  d-pad, and the Pro controller's d-pad is the worst d-pad Nintendo's ever made. It's weirdly stiff, can be pushed in flat, and has issues registering inputs correctly.

Counter argument:
The Hori pro controller.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on September 18, 2018, 08:45:29 PMseriously why the fuck; do we continue to reanimate this horribly obsolete corpse of a controller rather than leaving it back in 2000 where it belongs

the gamecube controller was okay for its time but it's now about 17 years old and boy does it show

do we really need to be appeasing and enabling all the whiny melee gamecube babies who swear it's still the greatest thing ever and apparently have never touched a more modem controller

yeah i really love that shitty d-pad

gee isn't the lack of clickable thumbsticks convenient

and who needs l2 or select or home buttons anyway

It is well beyond time to tear this decrepit pacifier from the grubby hands of Melee babies. smithicide;

prove me wrong: only absolute suckers '''need''' the lamecube controller to play smash

Go Up