April 23, 2024, 05:53:52 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Browser Wars

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 18, 2018, 03:25:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Which is your preferred web browser?

Internet Explorer
0 (0%)
Microsoft Edge
0 (0%)
Opera
0 (0%)
Firefox
5 (62.5%)
Safari
0 (0%)
Chrome
3 (37.5%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

September 18, 2018, 03:25:56 PM Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:57:34 PM by Magyarorszag
g**gle's molestive tendrils have such a firm grasp on me that the only sensible option for me is chrime, and i can't see that changing anytime soon even though i fully acknowledge that chrime is the new internet explorer in addition to being an unapologetic botnet

aside from the extremely convenient native integration with g**gle services, chrime's also just the most fully featured browser in general lol

chrime is my browser of choice/habit on android too, even though i know that samsung's browser is measurably significantly faster and offers ad blocking

don't let's

I use waterfox on pc, and sometimes chrome,  and sometimes edge because it's set as default.

And chrome on android because it's pre-installed and disabling it won't really save me any space and installing another one would just take up more space.

don't let's

And I'm fine with chrome on android, but I don't like how on pc all of the processes it makes the more tabs you have. And that the tab bar doesn't scroll like on firefox. The tabs just keep getting smaller up to where the favicon doesn't show and I have no idea what tab is what. So then I have to open multiple chrome windows to combat that.

YPrrrr

If I'm not using chrome i feel like I'm living in the aughts

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on September 18, 2018, 03:58:57 PMAnd I'm fine with chrome on android, but I don't like how on pc all of the processes it makes the more tabs you have. And that the tab bar doesn't scroll like on firefox. The tabs just keep getting smaller up to where the favicon doesn't show and I have no idea what tab is what. So then I have to open multiple chrome windows to combat that.

i agree with all of this, chime is undeniably a resource hog and it's the primary reason i was forced to double my ram to 16gb lol

sometimes even that's not enough, and it's increasingly evident that my cpu isn't enough for chrime (or, at least, my usage of chrime) either myface;

but on the other hand, having tabs scroll makes them practically invisible and not immediately accessible and makes it harder to estimate just how many you might have open (unless furryfox now has some sort of an open tab count, i admittedly haven't actually used it in ages)

C.Mongler

firefox is god tier

chrome is fine tier

everything else is poopoomcgoo tier

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on September 18, 2018, 03:53:59 PMwaterfox

also til this is a real thing, although i guess i'm not surprised as many browsers have forks and waterfox is an obvious choice for a firefox fork lol

Mando Pandango

Firefox on PC, chrome on mobile. Since forever
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 06:06:00 PM

also til this is a real thing, although i guess i'm not surprised as many browsers have forks and waterfox is an obvious choice for a firefox fork lol

Waterfox still supports the old firefox add-ons

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on September 18, 2018, 06:12:00 PMFirefox on PC, chrome on mobile. Since forever

one of the great things about using chrime on both is that a tab or full browsing session opened on one device can be accessed on the other at any time, which is extremely convenient

i would bet that firefox mobile and firefox desktop offer a similar feature, but i can't imagine there's any such cross compatibility between firefox and chrome

So why Firefox on one and Chrome on the other? Especially when Chrome on mobile, specifically, is polluted with unblockable (by traditional means) ads. myface;

Mando Pandango

Firefox has that too yeah and I hate it. I don't want my shit synced, thanks
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on September 18, 2018, 06:21:45 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 06:06:00 PM

Waterfox still supports the old firefox add-ons

Out of curiosity, what add-ons in particular would you be missing on nu-Firefox? y/n

don't let's

You can always turn off javascript for a mostly sub par browsing experience

Thyme

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 06:28:37 PMOut of curiosity, what add-ons in particular would you be missing on nu-Firefox? y/n

tab mix plus

rip :'(

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on September 18, 2018, 06:28:30 PMFirefox has that too yeah and I hate it. I don't want my shit synced, thanks

But then what's the appeal of using Chrome on mobile? befuddlement

even i probably wouldn't be using chrime on android (mostly because of the ads) were it not for the fact that i also use it on desktop and i find syncing extremely useful lol

Why wouldn't you want things synced, anyway? befuddlement

Go Up