April 20, 2024, 12:49:11 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Which GPU brand do you have?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 15, 2018, 05:16:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

Intel
0 (0%)
Nvidia
5 (50%)
AMD
4 (40%)
Other
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

i have an amd r9 fury, the gpu that marked the beginning of the end of amd as an equal competitor to nvidia goodjob;

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

September 15, 2018, 10:38:54 PM #2 Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:49:36 PM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: Snowy on September 15, 2018, 10:23:27 PMI have a NVidia GTX 1080

it works exactly as I want it to with zero complaints. I have one of those EVGA ones where it's just a reference card with a different cooler so it can run a bit toasty, I'm considering swapping this one for an ASUS one or something with a custom PCB.

very jealous awdood;

all i want is a 1080ti, is that so much to ask awdood;

feel free to send me that old one if you swap, i'd be happy to ensure it gets properly recycled y/n

bluaki

I won't buy Nvidia cards because they have very poor FOSS support and I use my desktop for Linux more than 99% of the time

I have a Radeon RX 560 in my desktop. Intel for my other three computers.

don't let's

Thyme

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

Does nobody use an Intel integrated GPU alone? I expected that to get at least a few votes. befuddlement

Thyme

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 06:46:49 PMDoes nobody use an Intel integrated GPU alone? I expected that to get at least a few votes. befuddlement

not since like 2013 lol

Kalahari Inkantation

i briefly used intel hd graphics in 2016 while deciding on a discrete graphics card for my current pc, but before then i hadn't used intel graphics since around 2012 (the labtob i used between 2012 and 2016 had an amd apu lol)

bluaki

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 06:46:49 PMDoes nobody use an Intel integrated GPU alone? I expected that to get at least a few votes. befuddlement
I used to use just integrated graphics on all my systems until 2014. I don't actually play graphically-intensive PC games often so I barely have a use for discrete cards, but I still have one.

Even so, I only use a video card for my desktop. I have no interest in any laptops that aren't integrated graphics (low-power, long battery life, slim designs, and sometimes even fanless are all great on laptops). I also have a home theater PC and a home server that both run on Intel with integrated graphics. The HTPC seems to even play Dolphin fine.

Since I have one discrete video card I voted for AMD. If you're asking which one I use the most, honestly it's probably Intel graphics when you add up all the other computers I have. Or Adreno because smartphone.

Go Up