April 18, 2024, 05:26:50 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Sorry State of Star Fox

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 10, 2018, 03:34:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

this venn diagram looks like a titty

TooB

C.Mongler

Star Fucks Zero is the only one i found wholly and truly insufferable on every measurable level

but perhaps im just a furry

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 11, 2018, 05:22:43 AMStar Fucks Zero is the only one i found wholly and truly insufferable on every measurable level

the only one I'd say that about is Adventures, because it's just.... boring

C.Mongler

it's at least inoffensive.

zero is just aggressively bad.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 10, 2018, 03:48:43 PMI liked Assault >.<

even i think assault is just okay

it gets off to a strong start (ignoring the cringeworthy dialogue) and its rail missions are all fun

but it's heavily bogged down by an abundance of on-foot sections that sadly make up the majority of what's supposed to be a space flight game

if i wanted to play a mediocre-at-best rareware third-person shooter (which i don't), i'd play donkey kong 64

But that's not what Star Fox was meant to be. awdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 11, 2018, 05:22:43 AMStar Fucks Zero is the only one i found wholly and truly insufferable on every measurable level

zero may be the only one that's truly bad, but every entry since 64 has been a huge letdown

despite the fact that expectations get lower for star fox with each new entry, the successive game still manages to disappoint every time lol

as intended, i suppose

miyamoto is extremely spiteful and has deliberately gone out of his way to sabotage this franchise ever since adventures

don't let's

Assault was fine but too short(I think) and the on foot missions. I absolutely hated the controls in Command.

Kalahari Inkantation

still haven't touched zero

In part because I'm genuinely afraid to see just how badly M*yamoto has destroyed this series.

C.Mongler

it's basically a reimagining of 64 (which in itself is just a reimagining of OG SNES) with maybe the worst control scheme I've ever experienced

there are diehards who say you can "get used to it" but I gave it like two hours and it still felt like complete shit

Kalahari Inkantation

Contemporary Star F*x thrives on nought but vixen milk. Prove me wrong.

awdood;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up