March 19, 2024, 12:07:00 AM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

web-head thread

Started by C.Mongler, September 08, 2018, 10:39:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

how can i debate that which i agree with doodthing;

Nyerp

September 14, 2018, 03:17:19 PM #31 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:20:41 PM by Nyerp
here's another one lmao:

-the bonus combat objectives are occasionally set up so that you'll just stand there tediously doing the same thing repeatedly instead of varying up your moves and having, you know, fun

examples:

-pull guns out of enemies' hands 10 times
-perform 20 air attacks
-do 10 air swing-kicks
-throw 5 webbed up enemies at other enemies

the game should be rewarding the player's ability to remember the variety of their arsenal and effectively use them in combos (similar to arkham's variaton bonus system), not mindless repetition

TooB

Nyerp

September 21, 2018, 10:19:35 PM #33 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:39:49 PM by Nyerp
beat it

dang, i wasn't expecting the ending to be such a downer :/

C.Mongler

dang i just beat the game, i thought the ending was p good despite also agreeing with nyerp lol

Hiro

Quote from: Nyerp on September 14, 2018, 01:53:17 PMi was really enjoying this game at first but the little things that bother me are just piling up

-the QTEs during car chase sequences are weirdly strict and i often have to start mashing BEFORE the prompts show up in anticipation just to be able to complete them

-parkour and web-swinging shouldn't be mapped to the same button. i don't want to run on the wall or on top of the cars, i want to SWING

-combat is overly hectic to the point that you might as well just spam gadgets instead of trying to engage with large groups

-stealth is boring and rudimentary. compare the stealth in this game and the arkham series. this game doesn't need it at all, honestly

-this is a modern, AAA game where story takes a front seat. so why is there STILL the problem of dialogue getting interrupted all the time? j jonah jameson's podcast shouldn't get cut off by spider-man inspecting backpack items or fighting thugs. also, sometimes peter will just stop talking to himself for no reason

-other miscellaneous glitchy behaviors, like map icons not appearing until you exit and re-enter the map, or combat objectives already being fulfilled BEFORE you even reach the crime scene (?????)

-this is probably base ps4 only, but the occasional frame drops are distracting, especially during climactic moments like the helicopter chase sequence

-both the left stick and the right stick control the weapon wheel for some godforsaken reason, meaning you have to to take your thumbs off of both of them and then awkwardly choose which one to use
gree with most of these, especially the first two points

Just swinging around is really fun but so far the story is kinda meh and I don't like Peter or MJ's designs
I'm not super far into the game though

Hiro

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 11, 2018, 05:59:37 AMokay while i'm having fun this game is SUCH a fucking video gamey-ass video game. like it's got

-towers
-1500 different types of collect-em-alls scattered about
-a large OPEN world
-random events where u beat up bad guys
-camps to clear
-skill trees

its just like the googled 'what do the kids like in video games' and then they put a spider-man sticker on it lol
Also agree with this, the towers are absolutely pointless busywork in this game especially
Also what's the point of having a bunch of collectibles if you can see them all on the map anyway? You're not finding anything, just going to a bunch of specific points on the map really quick because you have to.

Nyerp

looking for tiny things in a gigantic world isn't fun, and you don't HAVE to get them

C.Mongler

i actually ended up doing more collecta-shit in this game than i do in most others mostly jsut because it gave me an excuse to traverse around the city. i really enjoyed the movement and web swingin' in this bitch, even if there was a lot of corny shit

anyone check out the DLC yet? i would if red dead wasnt coming to my house in the mail in the next 4 hours lol

Nyerp

not getting the dlc until all chapters are out and it's on sale

Go Up