March 28, 2024, 09:26:11 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the greatest female vocalist of our generation

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 07, 2018, 10:55:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

ME##

Nicki Minaj

I saw NPR accuse Joanna Newsome of being our generation's timeless voice and I wanted to gag myself on a fist full of Tide Pods

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on September 07, 2018, 11:08:35 PMyaaaaass gaga slay mama

Agreed. srsly

that particular example is a little scream-heavy but i picked it specifically because it demonstrates her tremendous vocal range and amplitude and superb ability to modulate her voice, instantaneously, with incredibly fine precision

i don't even necessarily like the sort of work that's typical of lady gag, but she just exudes talent at singing lol

Really, Boyah, what contemporary artists compare? befuddlement

Quote from: David on October 19, 2018, 08:16:08 PMNicki Minaj

now this is surprising

Do you have an example that you think best demonstrates her skill? y/n

Quote from: David on October 19, 2018, 08:16:08 PMI saw NPR accuse Joanna Newsome of being our generation's timeless voice and I wanted to gag myself on a fist full of Tide Pods

oh god lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on October 19, 2018, 08:20:39 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQNtGoM3FVU

i was listening to this while on another tab and at first didn't think much of the growling until i noticed it sounded just a touch high-pitched and thought '...wait a minute, is that her'

and then i clicked over to check and omglol wow

whenever i hear prolonged growling like that i can't help but imagine how painful it must be for any artist myface;

Thyme

Quote from: Magyarorszag on October 27, 2018, 08:43:53 PMwhenever i hear prolonged growling like that i can't help but imagine how painful it must be for any artist myface;

if they do it correctly (which i think is her case), not at all bassir;

Go Up