April 16, 2024, 12:37:37 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

35 Minute Nintendo Direct 9/6

Started by YPrrrr, September 05, 2018, 01:31:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

jokes about how the direct was just going to be more ports and new 3ds games

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

New 3ds games is a pretty good joke

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 05, 2018, 07:33:52 PMIf I expect nothing, I can't be disappointed, right? befuddlement

You expected nothing and you got nothing

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on September 06, 2018, 08:58:59 AM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 05, 2018, 07:33:52 PMIf I expect nothing, I can't be disappointed, right? befuddlement

You expected nothing and you got nothing

a tale as old as time

bluaki

Speaking of expecting nothing, here's a fabulous detail that just came to light recently: whether a game supports cloud save backups is opt-in from the developer, basically a yes or no checkbox when submitting a game for approval to be on the eshop, and retail boxes will indicate which games offer it.

The implication, of course, is that this option existing at all means plenty of games won't support cloud save backups. I'll bet Pokemon won't. I can only hope the other huge timesinks like Zelda and Smash support it.

Nintendo Switch Online is now "pay us and you'll get the same lackluster online service as before plus cloud saves but only when we feel like it"

reeper

Quote from: bluaki on September 07, 2018, 02:35:38 AMSpeaking of expecting nothing, here's a fabulous detail that just came to light recently: whether a game supports cloud save backups is opt-in from the developer, basically a yes or no checkbox when submitting a game for approval to be on the eshop, and retail boxes will indicate which games offer it.

The implication, of course, is that this option existing at all means plenty of games won't support cloud save backups. I'll bet Pokemon won't. I can only hope the other huge timesinks like Zelda and Smash support it.

Nintendo Switch Online is now "pay us and you'll get the same lackluster online service as before plus cloud saves but only when we feel like it"
this sounds exactly like Nintendo.

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 07, 2018, 05:27:05 AMCiv 6 on Switch tho wtf  sillydood;
y wtf

That sounds cool but I dont really have any reason to buy it

Also Civ VI is a little boring imo

C.Mongler

it's civ while u shit, thats the BESt reason to buy it!!!  Q('_' Q) it's not even a revolution version or anything, its straight up civ 6

tho tbf i do wish it was a 5 port lmao, but whatever i'll take it

AAAAAAAA

I had a very convincing dream that Amaterasu was announced for Smash. Oh well.

Nyerp

mega man 11 demo was released on switch last night, probably because it was meant to be a post-direct surprise

don't let's

Quote from: reeper on September 07, 2018, 05:12:30 AM
Quote from: bluaki on September 07, 2018, 02:35:38 AMSpeaking of expecting nothing, here's a fabulous detail that just came to light recently: whether a game supports cloud save backups is opt-in from the developer, basically a yes or no checkbox when submitting a game for approval to be on the eshop, and retail boxes will indicate which games offer it.

sounds exactly like Nintendo.

at least it's cheap enough

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on September 07, 2018, 02:35:38 AMI can only hope the other huge timesinks like [...] Smash support it.

not a chance LOL

also absolutely fuck; nintendo

Quote from: don't let's on September 07, 2018, 08:55:53 AMat least it's cheap enough

smithicide;

bluaki

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 07, 2018, 11:17:47 AM
Quote from: bluaki on September 07, 2018, 02:35:38 AMI can only hope the other huge timesinks like [...] Smash support it.

not a chance LOL
What makes you think that?

Melee, for example, supports save copy. Brawl doesn't presumably just because every online Wii game blocks it, since Wii had a backwards online implementation that effectively puts online IDs in the save files.

Animal Crossing, on the other hand, never supports save backup or copy and almost definitely won't support cloud saves when it eventually comes to Switch.

Go Up