April 16, 2024, 01:58:53 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i quit drinking coffee this weekend

Started by C.Mongler, September 04, 2018, 06:20:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

September 04, 2018, 06:20:40 AM Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 06:51:10 AM by C.Mongler
wish your boy luck for sobriety ahead, today will hopefully be my first true 'sober' day, though i might grab a decaf if the ole' noodle starts hurting.

i was a 3-400 mg a day caffeine user. heavy black ass coffee, every fuckin day. problem was i was starting to get daily terrible fucking migraines, and i figured caffeine was probably a big culprit. usually every evening i'd get one around 8 pm, and it would linger until i had my fix the next day. i decided to take the longlong weekend to say NO MORE, and cure myself of the retched addiction.

saturday was pretty bad. i ended up drinking half a coffee beverage, probably about 100 mg total in it.
sunday was fucking ASSSSSS. i was very irritable all day, but i did have a thai tea (50-100mg) that made me feel a bit better
monday was OKAy! i munched on a couple coffee beans throughout the day, like 10 total, so probably not more than about 25 mg.

today is my first real test. i already feel much more alert than i usually do, which is great considering i stayed up too late and woke up a bit earlier. head feels a little funny, but im hoping thats more due to needing more water. i do miss having a nice warm bevarge in the AM tho, so i need to pick up some decaf asap.

how about u boyah? are u addicted to caffeine? do you love it do you hate it how would you rate it thanks

YPrrrr

It's for the best I started feeling like a billion times better once I cut reliance on coffee

C.Mongler

i got my days fucked up thanks LABOR DAY

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 04, 2018, 06:43:42 AMIt's for the best I started feeling like a billion times better once I cut reliance on coffee
i feel great today actually lol its weird, normally i would be extremely lethargic based on gettin sub-6 hours of sleep but im ready to rock baby!

Kalahari Inkantation

very good wrench;

caffeine is gr8 but caffeine dependence isn't

not only is it less effective if you're dependent on it, but as you're now well aware, withdrawal is actually mildly disabling lol

i try to use caffeine strategically, like limiting myself to drinking coffee just before an exam or some other sort of imminent project, or if the stimulation would otherwise help me get through the day lol

it probably helps that i don't really like actual coffee all that much

at the same time, though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Risk_of_other_diseases

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee#Health_effects

there appears to be some measurable benefit to consuming coffee and caffeine regularly, and i find it's quite difficult to find a stable balance between healthy coffee intake and caffeine addiction lol

Daddy

I think I've managed to quit smoking CIGGIES after spending a 4 day weekend moving

Mando Pandango

I've been there when my mom has tried to quit caffeine and get withdrawal was so intense that she couldn't get through it. The pain was completely debilitating for her. So now she just accepts that she's an addict which sucks because she also gets awful migraines. I don't know if they're even connected but I feel like they are.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on September 05, 2018, 11:57:05 AMI've been there when my mom has tried to quit caffeine and get withdrawal was so intense that she couldn't get through it. The pain was completely debilitating for her. So now she just accepts that she's an addict which sucks because she also gets awful migraines. I don't know if they're even connected but I feel like they are.
From my SIX WHOLE DAYS OF EXPERIENCE, i would say it's very likely. I have not had strong headache/migraine symptoms since sunday. In fact I feel more alert and awake than i ever have before. It's kind of nice. I even stayed up until 1 last night, getting only 5 hours of sleep. Normally I would be dead as shit by now, but today I'm feelin' fine.
I will say I have never been able to quit cold turkey. You gotta ween off nice and smooth, like anal for the first time

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Good for u c mongler

Caffeine is one of those things that feels so inconsequential (and coffee is so damn tasty) that it is easy to become reliant on.

I'm addicted as fuck to caffeine and literally haven't gone a day in the last year and a half without it (working in coffee cemented my addiction). I am much more melancholic and irritable if I haven't had caffeine and it is like night and day when I have it.

I was going to use this trip as a way to get off of it, but then I realized that I didn't want to spend the first week and a half of the trip feeling subhuman

I am long due for a break to at least see how my brain and life function without it. Someday..

C.Mongler

the only problem is i just legitmately love coffee. the taste, the different methods of brewing it, getting a cup o joe with a bud.

i mean there's decaf but there's not a ton of options in terms of roasts & blends, and most of them taste just slightly off to my palette. it's fine i guess, but, frig.

once i've been sober for a 2-3 weeks i'll probably introduce caffeine back into my body once or twice a week tho, just dont wanna do it so soon or i'll fall off the wagon doodhuh;

strongbad

Yeah honestly I might love coffee too much to ever fully quit

But it's a worthy trade off

Go Up