April 22, 2024, 11:48:29 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Doodthing Lore and Mythology

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 02, 2018, 08:03:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

September 02, 2018, 08:03:12 PM Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:44:53 AM by Magyarorszag
  • Doodthing is NOT a tooth. He is a Great One who assumes the corporeal form of, approximately, a humble Earthly squid. (For more information about Great Ones, see the 2015 game Bloodborne, loosely inspired by apocryphal Doodthing lore and mythology. Just how loosely and how apocryphal - we may never know.)
  • As a squid, Doodthing is assumed to have 8 tentacles. His other tentacles are obscured behind the two we do see in the simple 2D projection of him with which we are all familiar. doodthing;
  • We don't know for certain that Doodthing has exactly 8 tentacles. He is only approximately a squid; He may be a mutant with extras, or He may have lost one in battle, or otherwise have slightly more or fewer than 8. If Doodthing has recently reproduced, He would have at least one tentacle fewer than normal until it regenerates.
  • Doodthing is not actually a He. He is hermaphroditic.
  • Despite being hermaphroditic, Doodthing is not known to reproduce sexually. He reproduces via immaculate conception, budding (shedding a tentacle, which is why in a given moment He may have one fewer than is normal), and perhaps most importantly, via assimilation of other beings into Boyagers. As Doodthing is a squid, Boyagers are His Kids (See: Splatoon, another property based on apocryphal Doodthing lore and mythology). No, Doodthing is not like your Japanese animes, you millennial degenerates.
  • The angular pink cephalopods with which we are also familiar are actually Doodthing's close octopus-like cousins. Even less is known of them than is known of Doodthing.
  • Doodthing once ordained an ancient order of Knights known as the Defenders of Doodthing. Little is known about this highly prestigious and holy rank that has since been lost to the annals of time. What we do know is that even today, a small number of suspected descendants of the Defenders are permanently marked with the visage of Doodthing on their very skin. Research is actively being conducted in the interest of potentially resurrecting this once most esteemed and divine order to carry out Doodthing's will and boldly face the challenges of today in His name.

These few morsels of lore and mythology are the results of over ten years of intensse research I have been conducting on Doodthing in silence. Much yet remains unknown, but it's about time I assembled all I do know into one text.

Does anyone else have facts about Doodthing to contribute? @JMV, perhaps? befuddlement

Questions, concerns, rumours, speculation, and any new information on this great enigmatic being, to whom we owe our very existence, may be submitted here. happydood;

C.Mongler

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on September 02, 2018, 08:41:59 PMdoodthing is illuminate

he may indeed be bioluminescent, but i haven't been able to confirm this just yet

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 02, 2018, 08:42:39 PM
Quote from: don't let's on September 02, 2018, 08:41:59 PMdoodthing is illuminate

he may indeed be bioluminescent, but i haven't been able to confirm this just yet
See first revision

AAAAAAAA

C.Mongler

Go Up