April 23, 2024, 11:43:13 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How to Handle a Backlog

Started by AAAAAAAA, September 01, 2018, 12:14:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AAAAAAAA

I'm completely overwhelmed by my game backlog (among other media backlogs), and I really don't know how to deal with it. Any tips?

TooB

AAAAAAAA

Kalahari Inkantation

give us a list of the games in your backlog and let the boyah collective decide 5thgrade;

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on September 01, 2018, 12:18:10 PMPick [the] one [that you want to play the most] and finish it
only play the games that you feel like playing; don't force yourself through a game just because it's the "next" on your list

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on September 01, 2018, 12:38:26 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on September 01, 2018, 12:18:10 PMPick [the] one [that you want to play the most] and finish it
only play the games that you feel like playing; don't force yourself through a game just because it's the "next" on your list

That couldve been easily implied.

don't let's

Quit buying new games, take a couple years off work, and get grinding. Also, no multiplayer.

AAAAAAAA

Samus Aran

pick one long game that you want to beat. start it. if you get sucked into it, good. if you don't, keep yourself going by tackling really short games. short games keep you going.

hopefully your backlog isn't mostly really long games because that's the worst type of backlog to have.

reeper

you can use something like 'how long to beat' if that fits you

https://howlongtobeat.com/

it helped me when I wanted to clear out some of the resident evil games. I'm only a few games from completing the entire series

Thyme

I second using howlongtobeat or something similar. And once you've made your list, if it's particularly large and overwhelming to the point of triggering an existential crisis (I'm speaking from experience), go through it and remove games you know you won't ever play and assume your losses. It's more liberating than you'd think.

reeper

Quote from: Thyme on September 01, 2018, 04:33:24 PMI second using howlongtobeat or something similar. And once you've made your list, if it's particularly large and overwhelming to the point of triggering an existential crisis (I'm speaking from experience), go through it and remove games you know you won't ever play and assume your losses. It's more liberating than you'd think.
oh most def, i only have the games i really want to complete on it.

Samus Aran

i should really start using that site again lol but it'd take so fucking long to update it

Nyerp

Quote from: Samus Aran on September 01, 2018, 08:30:44 PMi should really start using that site again lol but it'd take so fucking long to update it
yes do it!!

C.Mongler

alternative take: give up.

don't try to play them.

just enjoy amassing things.

Go Up