April 23, 2024, 10:33:15 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

infrastructure that ought to exist

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 31, 2018, 08:12:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

it's simply absurd that i need to either take a ferry, or travel over 100 miles to get from port jefferson to bridgeport, which isn't even 20 miles due north

and naturally, greater interconnectivity between these regions would be an economic boon to both, such a crossing would easily pay for itself in a few years

C.Mongler

they dont want the conniticunormies coming in and stinking up the place

C.Mongler

re:thread topic

actual functional, reliable, FAST, and affordable rail infrastructure

C.Mongler

like it costs me 4x as much to take the train to philly instead of just drivin' my ass there what the fuck yall

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 31, 2018, 08:30:44 AMthey dont want the conniticunormies coming in and stinking up the place

I wouldn't mind. I think Nu-York could seriously benefit from an infusion of Connecticulture. srsly

C.Mongler

whoever designed Baltimore's infastructure needs to be shot if they're still living; if they're not we need to publicly humiliate their remains.

i fucking HATE having to drive in this fucking city. besides the SHIT TON of potholes, the roads make no fucking sense and change from 1 way to not 1 way whenever they fucking please, you have to make several subsequent right to left to right to left turns to get ANYWHERE, meaning you must be in the EXACT RIGHT LANES or you will be fucked and have like 1 block to cut across three lanes of traffic. but the WORST fucking part is their god damn intracity highways. why the FUCK does 395 not connect to 83??????????????????????????????????????

coming in from DC/the south you are going to be dumped right in teh fucking middle of baltimore's downtown. 83 is basically the main artery to get anywhere that isn't the inner harbor, so you then have to fight your fucking way through shit tons of traffic, pedestrians, and homeless people to go to some dipshit hipster resturant on the northwest side of town. it SUCKS. just blow it all up and start over for fucks sakes. use a REAL FUCKING GRID GOD DAMMIT

im sure the real answer is that the rich dicks of the inner harbor area didnt want a highway mucking up their fun, but fuck that, demolish the aquariam, free willy and fix your god damn roads you shits

??????

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 31, 2018, 08:39:16 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 31, 2018, 08:30:44 AMthey dont want the conniticunormies coming in and stinking up the place

I wouldn't mind. I think Nu-York could seriously benefit from an infusion of Connecticulture. srsly
what kulture would that be lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 31, 2018, 08:31:44 AMre:thread topic

actual functional, reliable, FAST, and affordable rail infrastructure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_high-speed_rail#Proposals

Give me every single one of these proposals. RUB IT

Quote from: ?????? on August 31, 2018, 09:43:25 AM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 31, 2018, 08:39:16 AMI wouldn't mind. I think Nu-York could seriously benefit from an infusion of Connecticulture. srsly
what kulture would that be lol

i covered many of the high notes of new england culture here:

https://boyah.net/forums2/index.php/topic,70286.msg1574178.html#msg1574178

:'(

Kalahari Inkantation

August 31, 2018, 10:14:07 AM #8 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:19:38 AM by Magyarorszag
a high speed rail network throughout new york would likely also help to alleviate some of the disconnect between upstaters and city dwellers and reduce upstate isolation

god why hasn't this happened yet

GET ON IT QUID-PRO-CUOMO

YPrrrr

They're not going to create a bridge that will cost hundreds of millions of dollars to connect two commuter suburbs with no amenities

Would be nice for ya though

Also fuck Long Island

Kalahari Inkantation

August 31, 2018, 04:14:38 PM #10 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:21:21 PM by Magyarorszag
a bridge like that would be more like billions sillydood;

i only chose the two towns i chose to emphasize the minuscule distance between ct and li, but a direct link between brookhaven and new haven for example would be hugely beneficial for all of li and all of ct (combined population minus nyc: ~6.5 million) and stimulate the economies of and encourage new development in both

it's also hugely limiting, a massive waste of fuel and time, and potentially even a safety/security hazard that the one and only way out of long island by land is through the city, and a bridge directly into ct would easily resolve that problem

it would cut down on a decent portion of general city traffic too, which could always use some relief

imo it would be well worth the $multi-billion investment, inevitably it would pay for itself

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 31, 2018, 10:33:06 AMAlso fuck Long Island

You've never even been. cry;

pay me a visit i'll show you a good time

Thyme

a subway station connecting the pierre eliott trudeau airport to the rest of the montreal métro :(

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 31, 2018, 04:14:38 PMa bridge like that would be more like billions sillydood;

i only chose the two towns i chose to emphasize the minuscule distance between ct and li, but a direct link between brookhaven and new haven for example would be hugely beneficial for all of li and all of ct and stimulate the economies of and encourage new development in both

it's also hugely limiting, a massive waste of fuel and time, and potentially even a safety/security hazard that the one and only way out of long island by land is through the city, and a bridge directly into ct would easily resolve that problem

it would cut down on a decent portion of general city traffic too, which could always use some relief

imo it would be well worth the $multi-billion investment, inevitably it would pay for itself

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 31, 2018, 10:33:06 AMAlso fuck Long Island

You've never even been. cry;

pay me a visit i'll show you a good time
9;m sure the geography of Long Island is fine

It's the bros and JAPs that make me want it to sink into the ocean hocuspocus;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 31, 2018, 04:21:34 PMIt's the bros and JAPs that make me want it to sink into the ocean hocuspocus;

lol i know that that's your exact problem with it, but i'd be happy to show you that we japs aren't so bad in reality :'(

Go Up