March 28, 2024, 01:41:21 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

In Which We Fix America's Ugly Internal Borders

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 24, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 27, 2018, 11:54:49 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 27, 2018, 12:13:44 PMPennsylvanians are also fond of the confederate battle flag sadly. Just about as dumb as Delaware but with a bit more importance

>pennsylstan
>important

maybe 200+ years ago lol
I said bit more than Delaware hocuspocus;

Also actually matters in every national election

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 28, 2018, 03:44:33 AMAlso actually matters in every national election

Much to the rest of the nation's chagrin. >_<'

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 28, 2018, 04:02:14 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 28, 2018, 03:44:33 AMAlso actually matters in every national election

Much to the rest of the nation's chagrin. >_<'
I know I hate Pennsylvania too you don't need to convince me n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

i don't hate pennsylstan

it's just a little backwards and drab

i mean they don't call it "pittsburgh" for nothing

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Daddy

Why would new york get the tons of states in New England instead of just merging the NE states together?

It's especially weird that you merged states into Maine and NY despite ME's historic status as part of Massachusetts until 1820

Culturally, with the exception of western CT, all of the New England states are much more homogeneous with Massachusetts than NY, even when it comes to upstate NY.

Daddy

also why leave ND and SD as distinct states (land area aside) when they're barely more of a state than tiny-ass rhode island

tec sucks at maps

leave maps to david

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

August 28, 2018, 08:44:44 AM #68 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:35:25 AM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:21:01 AMIt's especially weird that you merged states into Maine and NY despite ME's historic status as part of Massachusetts until 1820

i mean, do you personally think it'd make more sense to merge maine back into massachusetts than to merge maine with new hampshire lol

That never made any geographical sense. >.<

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:21:01 AMall of the New England states are much more homogeneous with Massachusetts than NY

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:21:01 AMeven when it comes to upstate NY.

Again, you guys don't have to rub it in. smithicide;

tfw no wealthy but down-to-earth yuppie WASP gf with whomst to pursue a finance degree at amherst in anticipation of being nepotized into her father's business, go clam fishing with on a picturesque summer afternoon, and have a seafood bake among happy, well-established, high-income friends and family by evening awdood;

tfw her father will never invite you on a golfing holiday, just the two of you, and place his hand on your ralph lauren polo-enclad back while you're mid-prep for the next swing of club, taking the opportunity to not only invite you into the family business with a smile, but also give you permission to propose to his daughter with the very same pearl you found during the aforementioned clam fishing as an engagement gift awdood;

not that you would have needed his approval anyway but you do like and respect the guy and as much as you hate to admit it, having his explicit consent to her hand really does bring you immense joy and satisfaction that you now struggle to contain, your sheer elation now evident in how wonky your previously steady golf swing has become awdood;

Daddy

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 28, 2018, 08:44:44 AM
Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:21:01 AMIt's especially weird that you merged states into Maine and NY despite ME's historic status as part of Massachusetts until 1820

i mean, do you personally think it'd make more sense to merge maine back into massachusetts than to merge main with new hampshire lol

If you're rewriting state borders as such, it makes much more sense to merge all of New England into 1 state than merging them into 3 states that still end up with vastly different populations and land areas.  What's the point of having Newyorkmont, Maine Hampshire, and Massanetticut Island instead of just a "New England" and "New York"?

It seems to make infinitely more sense to divide them into 2 states with 55k sqm with a population of 19.85 million (NY) and 72k sqm with a population of 14.7 million (new england) than whatever you get from NY+VT, ME+NH, and MA+CT+RI

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 28, 2018, 08:44:44 AM

i mean, do you personally think it'd make more sense to merge maine back into massachusetts than to merge main with new hampshire lol

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:21:01 AMall of the New England states are much more homogeneous with Massachusetts than NY

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:21:01 AMeven when it comes to upstate NY.

Again, you guys don't have to rub it in. smithicide;

tfw no wealthy but down-to-earth yuppie WASP gf with whomst to pursue a finance degree at amherst in anticipation of being nepotized into her father's business, go clam fishing with on a picturesque summer afternoon, and have a seafood bake among happy, well-established, high-income friends and family by evening awdood;

tfw her father will never invite you on a golfing holiday, just the two of you, and place his hand on your ralph lauren polo-enclad back while you're mid-prep for the next swing of club, taking the opportunity to not only invite you into the family business with a smile, but also give you permission to propose to his daughter with the very same pearl you found during the aforementioned clam fishing as an engagement gift awdood;

not that you would have needed his approval anyway but you do like and respect the guy and as much as you hate to admit it, having his explicit consent to her hand really does bring you immense joy and satisfaction that you now struggle to contain, your sheer elation now evident in how wonky your previously steady golf swing has become awdood;
Do you have a dad fetish too

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:25:32 AMalso why leave ND and SD as distinct states (land area aside)

for the sole reason that that would be really ugly

otherwise yes they don't really have any right to be separate states, but combining them uglifies the map

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:25:32 AMwhen they're barely more of a state than tiny-ass rhode island

Are you suggesting that we make every population center of ~1 million its own state? putindisapproves;

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 07:25:32 AMleave maps to david

i have been eagerly awaiting his own redrawn map of america

Daddy

It's not any uglier than boxachusetts and whatever wacky thing you did to Vermont akudood;

don't let's

Just have 4 states that correspond with the timezones.  Or I guess 6 because of Hawaii and Alaska.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 08:53:03 AMWhat's the point of having Newyorkmont, Maine Hampshire, and Massanetticut Island instead of just a "New England" and "New York"?

for the sole reason that, again, that would also be absolutely hideous

Æsthetix do matter when it comes to drawing maps, guys. :|

...and also i want in on the new england club >.<

but fine, i suppose even something like this would be preferable to the current situation

So I guess you can keep your hip wealthy exclusive club to yourselves if you want. cry;

tfw no WASP gf :'(

It bothers me so that upstate NY morphed into Pennsylstan Lite and not something more like Vermont. smithicide;

nonetheless i will still be taking western connecticut and eastern pennsylstan and northern new jersey thank you very much, those regions are new york city proper

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 09:14:04 AMIt's not any uglier than boxachusetts and whatever wacky thing you did to Vermont akudood;

and yeah double dakota definitely is uglier than either of those lol

it's much more conspicuous as a gigantic rectangle smack dab in the middle of the country, and worse yet, it's vertically oriented

connectichusetts island is much less offensive to the eye because it's horizontally oriented lol

Go Up