March 28, 2024, 01:58:31 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

In Which We Fix America's Ugly Internal Borders

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 24, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Let's compromise and hand Maryland's panhandle over to WV
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 24, 2018, 09:08:18 PMalso tec your new Northeast is a fucking monstrosity and I hate it

hmmm, i see what you mean befuddlement

How does this make you feel? y/n

this is a lot more sensible because a significant portion of the nyc metro area would be in connectichusetts island anyway, but all of it should be one unit

this would also resolve the identity problem upstate new yorkers have

we could call this new state new vermachussicut island, we state residents could all call ourselves vermachussicutters, and keep the name new york in reference to the city alone lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 24, 2018, 09:14:50 PM
  • Give Long Island to New Jersey

• Make the Upper Peninsula its own state or hand it over to Wisconsin

it's too remote and tiny population-wise to be its own state, and appending it to wisconsin would uglify wisconsin

honestly i kind of like that michigan has the unique distinction of being made up of a pair of separate peninsulas lol, i don't know if i would change that in any way

• Give Missouri's nubbin to Arkansas

wrench;

• Sand down the whole Alabama-Georgia-Florida border in general

What do you mean by this? befuddlement

• Give Georgia's dangly bit up top to South Carolina rather than North Carolina

i actually tried this initially but it's still kind of unpleasant

i think it looks better as a part of nc, but i guess either option is better than having it dangle off georgia myface;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 25, 2018, 02:57:35 AM
Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 24, 2018, 09:08:18 PMalso tec your new Northeast is a fucking monstrosity and I hate it

hmmm, i see what you mean befuddlement

How does this make you feel? y/n

this is a lot more sensible because a significant portion of the nyc metro area would be in connectichusetts island anyway, but all of it should be one unit

this would also resolve the identity problem upstate new yorkers have

we could call this new state new vermachussicut island, we state residents could all call ourselves vermachussicutters, and keep the name new york in reference to the city alone lol
I hate everything about this
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Maybe Vermachussicutian is more to your liking? y/n

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 24, 2018, 09:58:05 PM
Quote from: reeper on August 24, 2018, 09:44:40 PMI canÃÆ'Ã,¢Ã¢ââ,¬Å¡Ã,¬Ã¢ââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢t believe you tore out the four corners Tec
someone had to do it

srsly

they were a conspicuously unnatural formation to begin with

Quote from: bluaki on August 24, 2018, 10:35:09 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 24, 2018, 09:43:49 PMif we take hispaniola we may as well take the rest of the caribbean and i wouldn't necessarily want that, and if we take west canada we may as a well take all of canada and i wouldn't necessarily want that

But what parts of West Canada would you take? sillydood;
That's kinda the point I was going for: if you're taking Cuba and the bahamas in addition to keeping puerto rico, you already have most of the Caribbean landmass

Whatever parts of Canada it takes to connect Alaska to the mainland. Or just give Alaska to Canada, either in full or at least that long and narrow stretch of its southeast.

i'm not necessarily going for map completion, i only want to annex the territories that make the most geographical/economic/historical/cultural sense

so that includes cuba and the bahamas, but not hispaniola lol

likewise, it includes small snippets of quebec, coastal east canada and vancouver island, but not any large part of western canada

british colombia would already be frustrated enough with me for having taken their capital LOL, i can't afford to take any more of bc for alaska's sake

it would be great if there were at least a usa-accessible highway or series of bridges that connected the mainland directly with alaska, though, but we don't need whole canadian provinces for that

Quote from: bluaki on August 24, 2018, 10:35:09 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 24, 2018, 09:43:49 PMBut what parts of West Canada would you take? sillydood;
Or just give Alaska to Canada, either in full or at least that long and narrow stretch of its southeast.

oh god NO

every square inch of alaska is critically important and i refuse to give up so much as a slice of our arctic access just to tidy the border

alaska is to the rest of the usa as the moon is to earth: without it we'd be absolutely nothing

bluaki

August 25, 2018, 04:22:39 AM #21 Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 04:42:20 AM by bluaki
Quote from: reeper on August 24, 2018, 09:44:40 PMI can't believe you tore out the four corners Tec
this post inspired me to create this monstrosity that will make tec cringe so hard:

the eight corners akudood;

edit: made some additional enhancements

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on August 25, 2018, 04:22:39 AM
Quote from: reeper on August 24, 2018, 09:44:40 PMI can't believe you tore out the four corners Tec
this post inspired me to create this monstrosity that will make tec cringe so hard:

oh my god lol putindisapproves;

it hurts

but i like how mexico gets involved in the mix lol

Kalahari Inkantation

and oh my god how could you give alaska's panhandle away

what has louisiana done to deserve that extra coastline

and oh my god what did alabama ever do to you >.<

bluaki

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 25, 2018, 04:52:34 AMand oh my god how could you give alaska's panhandle away

what has louisiana done to deserve that extra coastline

and oh my god what did alabama ever do to you >.<
I just gave Florida/Louisiana/Alabama/Mississippi their own four corners for good measure

and gave Canada a piece of Minnesota and Wisconsin half of Michigan. Basically deliberately making changes you'd hate. sillydood;

I also considered doing that four corners thing to Tennessee/Kentucky/Arkansas/Missouri but forgot to.

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 25, 2018, 04:51:27 AMbut i like how mexico gets involved in the mix lol
at first I was easily able to get 7 states in there, but I wanted a nicer round number and it would've been too forced to stretch texas or california into that mess, then I saw that little protruding notch sticking out of new mexico as the perfect place to just take a slice out of the country and make the border so much more complicated

Kalahari Inkantation

it's truly vile lmao >.<

you could also easily make a four corners out of kentucky/virginia/tennessee/north carolina, but i appreciate that you had mercy not to do that myface;

actually come to think of it, if it were something other than a perfectly longitudinal line, a four corners among those states might not even look so bad

bluaki

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 25, 2018, 05:21:03 AMit's truly vile lmao >.<

you could also easily make a four corners out of kentucky/virginia/tennessee/north carolina, but i appreciate that you had mercy not to do that myface;

actually come to think of it, if it were something other than a perfectly longitudinal line, a four corners among those states might not even look so bad
I'd sooner make one out of Kansas+Missouri and either Nebraska+Iowa or Oklahoma+Arkansas.

also how could I forget to split California into three

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 25, 2018, 03:51:16 AMMaybe Vermachussicutian is more to your liking? y/n
New England is perfect and also go fuck yourself

ME##

Give everything north of the Grand Canyon to Utah/Nevada.  For example if I wanted to get to Littlefield, AZ (a town in the SAME COUNTY as me) the quickest route involves me going through California AND Nevada to get there in a totally reasonable three and a half hours /s

Being part of Nevada would probably help them not be totally forgotten (hell I wouldn't be surprised if most Phoenicans didn't even realize that I-15 cuts into Arizona since it's so remote up there)

reeper

Quote from: bluaki on August 25, 2018, 04:22:39 AM

think of the tourism

Go Up