April 18, 2024, 12:16:18 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

In Which We Fix America's Ugly Internal Borders

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 24, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

It's only hideous because you're used to seeing state borders there.

i mean look at michigan, missouri, ohio, idaho, or new york

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 10:26:26 AMIt's only hideous because you're used to seeing state borders there.

i don't think it's strictly a matter of familiarity

maryland and delaware for example have looked the way they do for hundreds of years and yet i still think they're absolutely hideous lol

Quote from: Khadafi on August 28, 2018, 10:26:26 AMi mean look at michigan, missouri, ohio, idaho, or new york

i agree that there are some minor issues with michigan's southern border but it really is a pretty minimal problem, and there's no good/obvious way to tweak it

otherwise though i quite like michigan in its current form lol

missouri is undeniably hideous, yes, but i already made sure to at least slightly deuglify it in my original map

i don't really mind ohio but i do wonder what you'd change about it

and i absolutely love the way idaho looks lol, i mean what's not to like about that giant chimney prodding into canada, i wouldn't change a thing about idaho

but nu-york is indeed cartographically unpleasant, yes, and that's exactly what i'm trying to fix :|

and naturally that requires some shifting of the borders with nu-york's neighbors

lots of the other states have smaller imperfections, but for the most part they're pretty minimal

i'm only here to correct the biggest problems with our map

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 28, 2018, 08:54:41 AMDo you have a dad fetish too

jesus christ no lol myface;

i am extremely picky about men and no male with their own children could possibly meet my strict criteria

i don't want wasp gf's dad, i just secretly want his friendship and approval in proposing to his daughter >.<

Daddy

You mean new York's ugly border with Canada as opposed to new England's ugly border with...The ocean ?

Kalahari Inkantation

...i mean the hideous, almost perfectly longitudinal border separating nu-york from new england lol

and that's exactly what i changed

there's very little anyone could do about the border with canada without making it even worse, and that's not even the side i take issue with

bluaki

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 28, 2018, 11:42:13 AM

i am extremely picky about men and no male with their own children could possibly meet my strict criteria
What about Joel in Last of Us? sillydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on August 28, 2018, 03:02:40 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 28, 2018, 11:42:13 AM

What about Joel in Last of Us? sillydood;

joel is extremely good looking for his age and i can totally see why someone might have the urge to call him 'daddy' sillydood;

however, i personally have no interest whatsoever in the 'daddy' archetype lol

on that note, you should play tlou n_n

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

alright there i fixed it :|

this compromise is less than ideal for new york (still cartographically ugly) but it should make everyone at least somewhat happy

all of new york city is now in new york state as it should be, and arguably taking that slice of connecticut back would make new york at least partially new england, so now maybe i could now sneak my way into the club

vermont is no longer landcucked and now has direct atlantic access through what used to be new hampshire

maine remians maine, it fought hard for its independence from m*ssachusetts and i suppose it'd be rude of me to take it away (it's sufficiently large of a landmass anyway)

and the three remaining tiny coastal states get merged into one so that the northeast doesn't look quite so busy compared to the rest of the country

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 28, 2018, 09:02:20 PMTIL tec is a gayboy

well, it is technically possible that i am so picky about men that none would meat my strict criteria in practice girl;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 29, 2018, 11:04:53 AM

alright there i fixed it :|

this compromise is less than ideal for new york (still cartographically ugly) but it should make everyone at least somewhat happy

all of new york city is now in new york state as it should be, and arguably taking that slice of connecticut back would make new york at least partially new england, so now maybe i could now sneak my way into the club

vermont is no longer landcucked and now has direct atlantic access through what used to be new hampshire

maine remians maine, it fought hard for its independence from m*ssachusetts and i suppose it'd be rude of me to take it away (it's sufficiently large of a landmass anyway)

and the three remaining tiny coastal states get merged into one so that the northeast doesn't look quite so busy compared to the rest of the country
Please unfuck New England before I refuck your mom
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Mando Pandango

don't let's

Just ship new England back off to old England

Daddy

Tec hates new England so he wants inferior states to look nicer

Go Up