January 16, 2019, 06:01:52 AM

1,534,687 Posts in 46,053 Topics by 1,039 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hey, it's popsi's birthday!

Started by C.Mongler, August 07, 2018, 04:52:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

I've also never had a chat thread

But I don't see the point so I'm okay with it

YPrrrr

Quote from: reeper on August 22, 2018, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 07, 2018, 04:52:37 PMtfw u've never been a chat thread boss
ally youve had 8 chat threads

It's just that the last one was in 2009 n_u

reeper

Hiro

What is with this thread though why does it seem to have been created by tec splitting off posts from other threads and merging them here, also how was cmongler "decided"

reeper

Quote from: Hiro on August 22, 2018, 09:23:49 PMWhat is with this thread though why does it seem to have been created by tec splitting off posts from other threads and merging them here,
correct

Quote from: Hiro on August 22, 2018, 09:23:49 PMalso how was cmongler "decided"
idk

Hiro

Magyarorszag

Quote from: Hiro on August 22, 2018, 09:23:49 PMWhat is with this thread though why does it seem to have been created by tec splitting off posts from other threads and merging them here, also how was cmongler "decided"

there were a number of competing chat threads born out of confusion that i decided to merge together rather than locking or deleting lol

and mongler was favored this time around because 1. he expressed interest first, and 2. he's never had one before lol

if no one had expressed interest until the final few pages it would by default have gone to the author of post ((28-1)(24-1))

Samus Aran

Hiro

I thought it always went to the winner, not who staff felt deserved it
Also I'd already read most of the first page posts and I don't remember any of them being from threads claiming to be a new chat thread, in fact I wasn't here when we hit 256

Magyarorszag

Quote from: Hiro on August 22, 2018, 09:34:53 PMI thought it always went to the winner, not who staff felt deserved it
Also I'd already read most of the first page posts and I don't remember any of them being from threads claiming to be a new chat thread, in fact I wasn't here when we hit 256

we (or at least i) have always made special exceptions to the default 'last post gets next thread' rule, otherwise the same few people would end up with the chat thread every time lol

i'm not just arbitrarily changing policy i promise xiapproves;

Magyarorszag

Quote from: Hiro on August 22, 2018, 09:34:53 PMAlso I'd already read most of the first page posts and I don't remember any of them being from threads claiming to be a new chat thread, in fact I wasn't here when we hit 256

It's not exactly a big deal, but out of curiosity, what posts specifically seem out of place to you? befuddlement

Magyarorszag

August 22, 2018, 09:46:21 PM #57 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:59:16 PM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: Thyme on August 22, 2018, 08:01:21 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 07:59:36 PM
Quote from: Thyme on August 22, 2018, 07:58:36 PMnigga i make myself crips sandwiches lol

With literally just chips crisps and butter? sillydood;

no lol i just eat a normal sandwich with chips next to it and i just progressively insert the chips inside of it as i'm eating it

also that sounds a lot more reasonable compared to literally chips+butter+bread lol

i would occasionally add chips to an otherwise complete sandwich too, but i don't think i've done that since like high school

Magyarorszag

and furthermore hiro there was popular support for having mongler ascend the chat thread throne

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 21, 2018, 06:11:11 PM
Quote from: Thyme on August 21, 2018, 05:57:00 PMgive 2 mongler
srsly

It was supposed to be page 256 anyway this is mod abuse and it's FUCKED UP

this was also taken into account in deciding a successor lol

Hiro

So wait did we even go to 256 or not?
Like I said, most of the first page seems out of place. I don't know why would wouldn't just let cmongler make the new thread
Also to be clear I wasn't obiecting to him getting the thread I just didn't know how he was decided

Go Up