May 20, 2019, 04:22:15 PM

1,536,557 Posts in 46,084 Topics by 1,107 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Strongdavid's Birthday Bash

Started by C.Mongler, August 07, 2018, 04:52:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

David and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Go Down

David

Quote from: Mando Pandango on March 13, 2019, 06:56:33 PMBoston Tinder sucks. It's either real basic college girls, supermodels with PhDs in neuroscience from Harvard, or fairly cool girls who are way too gay to be into me.

The world is a vampire.

You should try Des Moines Tinder

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thimelidoo on March 13, 2019, 05:46:52 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on March 13, 2019, 05:29:12 PM(tom scott, aforementioned austinmcconell, rare earth)

you got good taste fam

thank u

austinmcconell is a somewhat recent addition to my subscriptions. i had to follow him after watching his video about his experience shooting his first full-length feature, blooming orchids. for me, personally, that video hits very close to home in a lot of ways.

Mando Pandango

Berklee dudes also definitely have kind of a shitty reputation so I'm fighting that too
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

so lately Ridley hasn't been doing well. specifically, one his eyes is fucked up. it's swollen and red and obviously painful because he keeps his eye shut. now, the vet gave me several reasons this could be, but none of them seemed to be especially likelier than the other. he could have scratched his cornea, he could have gotten an infection, he could be shedding on/around his eyelids but it's not going well (considering it's been like a week since this started and there's no sign of shed, this is highly unlikley), or he could have gotten something stuck in his eye that just refuses to come out (i've already tried rinsing his eye out numerous times now)

so i've got two types of eye drops he has to take. one is an anti-inflammatory/anti-pain, and one is an antibiotic. getting him to open his eye enough to put them in is a task. i kinda wrap him in a blanket like a lizard burrito so he can't move, and then use one of those long, firm medical q-tip things to gently push open his lower eyelid enough that i can get a drop in.

unfortunately, the way lizards tend to react to being in pain or being sick is to say "ok i refuse to eat now," so i've also had to force feed him. i've got these packs of special carnivore and omnivore foods that you mix with water into a nasty, stinky sludge that he doesn't seem to at all mind eating. but to get him to eat it, i have to wedge his mouth open a little so i can fit the tip of a plastic syringe in his mouth and fill his mouth with goop. to wedge his mouth open i've been using a soft rubber spatula.

i also have to force him to drink, but that's easier, as i only need to pinch the end of his lower jaw a bit to get him to just open the very tip of his mouth a little bit and give him some water with a dropper.

overall, he does seem to slowly be getting better. the eye seems a bit less red and inflamed now, and he is willing to open it wider for longer. before, he would only briefly open it like halfway when absolutely necessary - when climbing or when surprised or frightened (like when i pick him up and he scrambles up my shirt), and even then sometimes he would still just keep it shut. now he's opening it pretty much all the way in those instances and keeping it open longer.

it's been really stressful and that after-hours vet visit (they were booked for the week and i didn't want to wait any longer if it was infected) was expensive but he's getting better.

he's still pretty lethargic tho. he only wants to lay in one spot and sleep, and doesn't particularly care to bask in the heat for very long. and he's dark bearding (sign of stress) pretty constantly.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Samus Aran on March 13, 2019, 07:40:03 PMso lately Ridley hasn't been doing well. specifically, one his eyes is fucked up. it's swollen and red and obviously painful because he keeps his eye shut. now, the vet gave me several reasons this could be, but none of them seemed to be especially likelier than the other. he could have scratched his cornea, he could have gotten an infection, he could be shedding on/around his eyelids but it's not going well (considering it's been like a week since this started and there's no sign of shed, this is highly unlikley), or he could have gotten something stuck in his eye that just refuses to come out (i've already tried rinsing his eye out numerous times now)

so i've got two types of eye drops he has to take. one is an anti-inflammatory/anti-pain, and one is an antibiotic. getting him to open his eye enough to put them in is a task. i kinda wrap him in a blanket like a lizard burrito so he can't move, and then use one of those long, firm medical q-tip things to gently push open his lower eyelid enough that i can get a drop in.

unfortunately, the way lizards tend to react to being in pain or being sick is to say "ok i refuse to eat now," so i've also had to force feed him. i've got these packs of special carnivore and omnivore foods that you mix with water into a nasty, stinky sludge that he doesn't seem to at all mind eating. but to get him to eat it, i have to wedge his mouth open a little so i can fit the tip of a plastic syringe in his mouth and fill his mouth with goop. to wedge his mouth open i've been using a soft rubber spatula.

i also have to force him to drink, but that's easier, as i only need to pinch the end of his lower jaw a bit to get him to just open the very tip of his mouth a little bit and give him some water with a dropper.

overall, he does seem to slowly be getting better. the eye seems a bit less red and inflamed now, and he is willing to open it wider for longer. before, he would only briefly open it like halfway when absolutely necessary - when climbing or when surprised or frightened (like when i pick him up and he scrambles up my shirt), and even then sometimes he would still just keep it shut. now he's opening it pretty much all the way in those instances and keeping it open longer.

it's been really stressful and that after-hours vet visit (they were booked for the week and i didn't want to wait any longer if it was infected) was expensive but he's getting better.

he's still pretty lethargic tho. he only wants to lay in one spot and sleep, and doesn't particularly care to bask in the heat for very long. and he's dark bearding (sign of stress) pretty constantly.
long live the king
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

antmaster5000

nothing that surprising here

highly recommend that Mash documentary to anyone btw

C.Mongler

washington dc tinder is my wife

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

this is what happens when you watch a bunch of old letterman/conan bits.

tho i am legitimately a colbert fan

Nyerp

Quote from: Samus Aran on March 13, 2019, 07:40:03 PMso lately Ridley hasn't been doing well. specifically, one his eyes is fucked up. it's swollen and red and obviously painful because he keeps his eye shut. now, the vet gave me several reasons this could be, but none of them seemed to be especially likelier than the other. he could have scratched his cornea, he could have gotten an infection, he could be shedding on/around his eyelids but it's not going well (considering it's been like a week since this started and there's no sign of shed, this is highly unlikley), or he could have gotten something stuck in his eye that just refuses to come out (i've already tried rinsing his eye out numerous times now)

get well soon ridley :(

Nyerp

GUESS WHO GOT JURY DUTY LOL

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on March 13, 2019, 10:34:33 PMGUESS WHO GOT JURY DUTY LOL

owned

i was summoned for jury duty once but i ended up not being one of the chosen jurors thankfully

Nyerp

2 of my siblings were also recently summoned but neither of them were chosen

here's hoping the 3rd time isn't the charm (it will be)!!!

Mando Pandango

Yeah the one time I got jury duty I showed up and hung out for like an hour, didn't even get interviewed, and then I went home.

Minus;

Minus;

Quote from: Samus Aran on March 13, 2019, 05:32:31 PMi've gotten alpharad stuff in my recs too, mostly because i follow lythero

I probably just watch too many smash ultimate videos
It's like I want to get better so I watch videos, but then I just suck

Go Up