LIMITED EDITION/limited print shit u cant even buy anymore you got

Started by 6M69I69B9, August 17, 2018, 07:56:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

so i have cassette tape of room music - yyu
only 100 was put out

lol i bought it bc i thought it sounded really idk but there was a taste in music that i was not exposed that was this
imo its also the best bedroom lofi shit and i fucking hate lofi
especially when most of the shit that comes out from younger ind artists now is just fucking lofi bedroom shit, just grimier
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

Thyme

three or maybe even four years ago, vektroid/macintosh plus had this cool-ass shirt for sale, black with a modified bust from the floral shoppe cover on it

i received it last week lol

i gained weight the last few years so it won't fit lol :(

but hey i also got a sticker that i put on my computer case

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i got a few limited edition records. got the orange and white varient of a BMSR album, yellow and clear version of Lambchop's What Another Man Spills, Blue version of a Junip album that came out some years ago, Marble gray version of Talking Head's CBS demos. I bought a record on a whim by a band called Yellow Ostrich that wasn't very good but came cased in a piece of canvas from the original album art.

I have a few prints but after moving so much they're a bit worse for wear.

6M69I69B9

ok so my allt-time favorite anime is samurai champloo
2012 i bought departure, depressions, and masta, all like $12 ea including shipping

so i realize that samurai champloo ost has been really fucking popular in the past few years, didn't think anything of it.  but fukin hoodrats rapping over it thinking they can make it big like that, lol so lame
n e way
past day or so im fiending ofr some sc ost again
then today i was listening to more ost, because i realized somebody actually compiled all unreleased ost, extended them a bit, and released them as a download

so im seeing if i can get the dvd set for this anime bc bomb as hell
and then i get the most random impulse to check other merch of sc
but i dont see the albums i got????
and im like hmm ok what's the album names again???
then i search the two main albums: impression and departure
impression goes for like $59 lowest cost, few listings going for 65-115
fucking departure goes lowest like $57, but goes for like $72-$113 from the few listings i see on ebay, on amazon it's $80-$85

man fucking knew they were prime shit and they were slept on for so long 8yrs from release
but im not giving these guys up
i love the ost with all my heart

actually i have a little development id like to share

So as some of you may know, I love Bossa Nova music.  I have a deep appreciation for it.  One of my all favorite artists in general is Laurindo Almeida.  I found him out of random Bossa Nova album compilations.  I listened to him starting in 2017.  Though, recently, I learned that Nujabes' Aurarian Dance, an all-time favorite track of mine, sampled (ok, even saying it was "sampled" may be a bit of an understatement) from Laurindo Almeida's rendition of "The Lamp is Low."  I was absolutely bewildered by it- my interests went full circle. 

Also, another fun random fact, Wii's Shop channel also takes huge inspiration from a certain Bossa Nova track- Hell, the Wii Shop theme takes inspiration from Walter Wanderly's Surfboard (seemingly, you can judge for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-vLG7VvXk0).  Nintendo always has something in store to surprise me with as I grow up.  Imagine my shock seeing certain things coming to circle. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

C.Mongler

i have pefect pussy's limited edition box set that has an LP pressed with (a mix of, not entirely lol) the lead singer's menstrual blood. i dont think it will ever be like worth something lol but its the weirdest thing in my collection and will be a story someday i guess. i dunno why i bought it lol wasnt cheap either

Go Up