The Sorry State of the CPU Industry: INCEL IS BANKRUPT & FINISHED

Started by Magyarorszag, August 16, 2018, 07:46:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Quote from: ME## on July 24, 2020, 09:45:40 AMBoth AMD and Incel are finished once Apple Silicon comes out and people marvel at its performance and low thermal outputs
except nothing will b compatible with it. frowny face

Magyarorszag

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15926/intel-7nm-delayed-by-6-months-company-to-take-pragmatic-approach-in-using-3rd-party-fabs

now this is unthinkable

incel's desperate enough to be srsly preparing to outsource chip production to tsmc

an incredible concession that tsmc's process is now indisputably the best in the world and incel's nowhere near catching up lol

honestly i'm praying incel will fix its problems soon (L O L), the idea of tsmc or any foundry having an unchallenged global monopoly is terrifying

Quote from: silvertone on July 24, 2020, 09:22:44 AMisnt china making their own cpu now

china #1 has tsmc, now the most advanced processor foundry in the world

china #2 had been investing heavily in domestic chip development, but the performance of their latest and greatest is about 10 years behind

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/zhaoxin-kx-u6780a-x86-cpu-tested

and now even the funding is drying up

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Caixin/Chinese-2.8bn-memory-chip-project-goes-bust

nonetheless, i don't doubt that china #2 will have developed shockingly competent processors within 10-20 years, the ccp perceives china's dependence on us/western technology as an existential risk putindisapproves;

Magyarorszag

Quote from: ME## on July 24, 2020, 09:45:40 AMBoth AMD and Incel are finished once Apple Silicon comes out and people marvel at its performance and low thermal outputs

now this transition will be fun to watch

i would love to see apple blow x86 out of the water, but i'm skeptical of the idea that it's possible to have both superior performance and lower power draw lol

Magyarorszag

market reaction to the long series of unfortunate events at incel:

lol

Meanwhile, at AMD:

ifeelbetter;

ME##

Snowy

I bought my CPU like a year ago and it's been treating me well

i wish intel didn't suck rn tho
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 05, 2009, 12:50:30 PMlast night i bludgeoned a bull moose to death with my cock

Magyarorszag

Quote from: ME## on July 29, 2020, 12:50:15 PMSo what you're saying is buy Incel to make profit

honestly yes lol, if i had some spare bux i'd be increasingly tempted to buy $intc as its value plummets

their recovery will take time but at the very least they have more than enough do$h to brute force progress, i don't expect them to go the way of GE

though it's possible i'm as delusional about incel's prospects as their leadership is LOL

Quote from: Snowy on July 30, 2020, 09:31:06 AMI bought my CPU like a year ago and it's been treating me well

What'd'ja get? :O

Quote from: Snowy on July 30, 2020, 09:31:06 AMi wish intel didn't suck rn tho

yeah

C.Mongler

god i am such a fucking dumbass why did i sell my $10 amd

why didn't i put 10 grand into $10 amd

lisa su i'm sorry cry;

Snowy

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 30, 2020, 10:55:20 PM
Quote from: ME## on July 29, 2020, 12:50:15 PMSo what you're saying is buy Incel to make profit

honestly yes lol, if i had some spare bux i'd be increasingly tempted to buy $intc as its value plummets

their recovery will take time but at the very least they have more than enough do$h to brute force progress, i don't expect them to go the way of GE

though it's possible i'm as delusional about incel's prospects as their leadership is LOL

Quote from: Snowy on July 30, 2020, 09:31:06 AMI bought my CPU like a year ago and it's been treating me well

What'd'ja get? :O

Quote from: Snowy on July 30, 2020, 09:31:06 AMi wish intel didn't suck rn tho

yeah
  I got a 9700k! It's really nice and it runs somewhat cool. I'm really glad I got it on sale tho
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 05, 2009, 12:50:30 PMlast night i bludgeoned a bull moose to death with my cock

Go Up