April 19, 2024, 07:40:58 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Which is the better handheld?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 15, 2018, 06:11:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

DS
3 (37.5%)
3DS
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

don't let's

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on August 16, 2018, 08:43:54 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 16, 2018, 08:25:26 AMIdk I'd rather play GBA than the DS.

Better Zeldas, Golden Sun, better Advanced Wars, better Metroids, better kirby, better mario tennis and golf, better fire emblem, better kingdom hearts, wario land 4
I agree most of that, but better Kingdom Hearts, really? Chain of Memories is the most hated title in the entire franchise. I couldn't bear to make it through (albeit on the Re:CoM remake) and just watched all the cutscenes on YouTube.

358/2 Days doesn't have great KH gameplay, but at least it is actual KH gameplay and it has much better story too. Re:Coded has a pretty pointless story but its gameplay is much improved over Days. 3DS's Dream Drop Distance without a doubt is leagues above any of the GBA or DS Kingdom Hearts games in terms of gameplay, but to call its story divisive is an understatement.
I actually loved CoM but I do dislike the remake. The cards do not work well in a 3d space imo. The ability to play through the game again as Riku was awesome. It is annoyingly different from the rest of the games I will admit though. I felt like the story from COM mattered more than that from Days but perhaps that's because we got KH2 as a direct follow up whereas there's been no KH3 to build upon Days. Still liked them both.

TooB

TooB

let's see tho....

ds has remakes of Dragon Quests 4-6
3ds has a remake of 7 and an enhanced port of 8...

but ds also has an original DQ game with 9

but 8 is widely considered the best one....

eh, ds wins on the dq front

C.Mongler

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 16, 2018, 10:06:00 AMi dont even like dairy queen

this would've worked better if I didn't spell it out first

C.Mongler

i always call DQ dairy queen, i meant literally i do not like dragon quest games lol

TooB

madood;
ds has some great SMT games....
3ds has enhanced ports of pretty much all of them, and some originals...

point to 3ds here

C.Mongler

i will give 11 a try perhaps it will be my first

i didnt give 8 too much of a chance tbf

i hated 9

and then never got far enough to care in any of the others

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 15, 2018, 08:51:31 PMJust that the SNES is unanimously better and that the GC and N64 had better top tier games (90+ Metacritic) than Wii m

we've had almost this exact conversation several times before

https://boyah.net/forums2/index.php/topic,55854.msg1101574.html#msg1101574

and the conclusion, every single time, has been that the wii has the best exclusive library of any of nintendo's 3d consoles lol

whether the wii is comparable to the snes remains open to debate, but it's clearly superior to the lamecube or the megablunder 64 lol

Hiro

It completely depends on what games you want to play. I'd say I have a better DS collection but I'd often rather play my 3DS, and my GBA collection is really good as well.
All 3 platforms are p close imo

Go Up