April 18, 2024, 10:06:39 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Which is the better handheld?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 15, 2018, 06:11:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

DS
3 (37.5%)
3DS
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

well then i suppose pc wins everyth for all time goowan

TooB

TooB

Pc isn't officially backwards compatible and is sometimes technically illegal depending

TooB

Mando Pandango

I'll give it to the 3DS for the eShop alone tbh
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

DS is arguably the greatest Nintendo console ever made y'all are weird confuseddood;

TooB

But 3ds does everything ds does, and then some

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on August 15, 2018, 07:47:39 PMBut 3ds does everything ds does, and then some

and pc does everything 3ds does, and then some

and if you really insist on using backwards compatibility as an argument, then no, the 3ds can't play gba cartridges :|

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 15, 2018, 07:43:50 PMDS is arguably the greatest Nintendo console ever made y'all are weird confuseddood;

srsly

i mean how could anyone think the 3ds is better

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 15, 2018, 07:51:14 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on August 15, 2018, 07:47:39 PMBut 3ds does everything ds does, and then some

and pc does everything 3ds does, and then some

and if you really insist on using backwards compatibility as an argument, then no, the 3ds can't play gba cartridges :|

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 15, 2018, 07:43:50 PMDS is arguably the greatest Nintendo console ever made y'all are weird confuseddood;

srsly

i mean how could anyone think the 3ds is better

Neither can every ds play gba games.
But gba wouldn't technically be part of the argument, because Nintendo swears ds is a separate line from game boy.

Pc doesn't officially support ds so that doesn't work either

YPrrrr

nd Wii are their most successful consoles

They're also my least favorite (aside from virtual boy for obvious reasons)

Edit: I forgot the Wii U was a thing nm Wii is better than that

Kalahari Inkantation

Remember, Boyah practically unanimously agreed that the Wii is the best of Nintendo's 3D home consoles. goowan

https://boyah.net/forums2/index.php/topic,69245.msg1554133.html#msg1554133

Quote from: Big Goop on August 15, 2018, 08:09:54 PMNeither can every ds play gba games.
But gba wouldn't technically be part of the argument, because Nintendo swears ds is a separate line from game boy.

Pc doesn't officially support ds so that doesn't work either

...but the ds does officially support gba games regardless of what nintendo calls it befuddlement

the backwards compatibility argument is completely moot anyway because what we're comparing is exclusive console libraries

Samus Aran

i love them both. they're both fantastic handhelds. the 3ds is a lot better designed, more comfortable, more aesthetically pleasing, etc. and obviously it has the 3d, which is something the original didn't have whether you like it or not. i suppose it mostly all comes down to their libraries though, sooo...

3ds: better zeldas, kirbys, pokemen
ds: better third party library by far, and of course just a much larger library in general

i guess i would have to say that overall the DS fared better, but damn the 3ds xl is such a nice piece of hardware and the 3ds has some fucking excellent first and second party titles

TooB

I'm still sticking with it. It's a good enough reason for me

TooB

3ds makes ds exclusives not exclusive anymore :)

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 15, 2018, 08:29:27 PMthe 3ds is a lot better designed, more comfortable, more aesthetically pleasing, etc. and obviously it has the 3d, which is something the original didn't have whether you like it or not. i suppose it mostly all comes down to their libraries though, sooo...

but damn the 3ds xl is such a nice piece of hardware and the 3ds has some fucking excellent first and second party titles

the nu-3ds (xl) especially is almost unarguably a better piece of hardware than any of the ds models are, but yeah again i really only had each platform's exclusive library in mind when making this topic lol

Go Up