April 18, 2024, 04:38:25 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Re-ranking of 2018

Started by Daddy, August 15, 2018, 10:51:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

also @jmv would you actually be opposed to restoring the dod rank under some new terms lol

Quote from: Khadafi on August 15, 2018, 11:12:26 AMoh i lied

it's built in now but this  theme doesn't use them

>smf 2.0's default skin doesn't even support all of smf 2.0's new features

smithicide;

FAMY2

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 15, 2018, 06:22:25 PMStart wearing purple wearing purple...

Pretty catchy song there. I had to look it up.

Hiro

Let people chose their own name color
Get rid of rank images
Could rank possibly be a based on both total and recent activity?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiro on August 18, 2018, 04:15:47 PMLet people chose their own name color

an ability like this should be an earned privilege if anything

Quote from: Hiro on August 18, 2018, 04:15:47 PMGet rid of rank images

Why? befuddlement

Quote from: Hiro on August 18, 2018, 04:15:47 PMCould rank possibly be a based on both total and recent activity?

do you mean something like give each rank a base color and have that color become more or less saturated as the user's activity increases or decreases y/n

i think that's a great idea, but

• it would reduce the number of colors available for each unique rank by an order of magnitude (which wouldn't necessarily defeat the idea, we could and should probably shrink the total number of ranks anyway)
    • it would make most sense to make saturation a function of quota which means we'd have to reimplement the quota system first, and who knows whether tying rank color saturation to quota (which is itself a mod) is even feasible within the smf framework anyway

i hope it is though because i like the idea lol

i really do believe that we must reinstate quota at the very least

Hiro

That's not at all what I said lmao, but it's not a terrible idea
    Why do you think it has to be earned though?
    I think rank images are particularly useless, especially when most of us have the same one, and for mobile especially it's just a waste of space, in the current theme we just see those over people's avatars and if we saw both it would take up too much room imo. It would just look cleaner without them.

Go Up