April 18, 2024, 01:10:28 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

echo fighter thread

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 14, 2018, 01:05:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

• medusa could be palutena's alter

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 14, 2018, 05:40:06 AMinstead of ice climbers there could be two doodthings attached by floss

cuddledoods;

Hiro

I mean was Cloud ever on a Nintendo console

TooB

Yes. Theatrhythm.

Maybe the reason was because ff7 was originally being developed for n64?

Hiro

Hiro

At least, not in any kind of recognizable form I should say

TooB

Quote from: Hiro on August 18, 2018, 03:57:04 PMNo it wasn't lol

It was, at least as far as planning. That's why there's that tech demo with ff6 characters.

I mean, I exaggerate of course

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiro on August 18, 2018, 03:30:48 PMI mean was Cloud ever on a Nintendo console

true, but square enix still had a very close relationship with nintendo in the 7th gen

the ds and wii probably got at least a dozen se games each, many of which were final fantasy games, and cloud had been the face of that series and company until lightning came along

omg

*ashley (the felt version) voice*

• LIGHTNING COULD BE CLOUD'S ALTER y/n

meanwhile konami has probably never been quite as close to nintendo, and mgs in particular hasn't appeared on a nintendo platform since the gamecube (and even that remake of mgs1 was handled by a third party, not konami directly)

the last nintendo console to get a real metal gear was the gameboy color lol, and even that game has since been retconned to smithereens

cloud's inclusion in smash is still hilariously ironic though, because cloud basically led the exodus of third parties away from nintendo towards the playstation after nintendo stupidly decided they were sticking with cartridges for yet another generation, an event from which nintendo still has not recovered over 20 years later

bluaki

August 18, 2018, 05:30:18 PM #22 Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:34:03 PM by bluaki
Quote from: Hiro on August 18, 2018, 03:30:48 PMI mean was Cloud ever on a Nintendo console
Other than Theathrythm, Cloud is also in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.

I don't think either of those has anything to do with Cloud getting into Smash Bros. I wouldn't consider "they need to exist in a game on a Nintendo system" to really be a rule anymore for fighter inclusion, though it probably helps their chances a lot. Maybe it's more like the franchise itself needs to have a considerable presence on Nintendo systems but the fighter chosen to represent that franchise can be from a different console.

Also, character design and alt costumes never were bound by as many "rules" as the fighters themselves. Even if you could say Snake made it in Brawl because of Twin Snakes (or the classic Metal Gear games), his default Smash design is based on MGS2, which remains a PlayStation exclusive, and most of his alternate costumes are taken from MGS3. Extending that to giving him MGS4 and maybe MGSV costumes in Ultimate isn't a stretch at all. Regardless what source they draw from, he's getting two more costumes in Ultimate than he had in Brawl.

Kalahari Inkantation

• isabelle could be villager's alter y/n

YPrrrr

She could be

I don't really get her hype as she doesn't really do anything and she's only in one game but whatever!

Kalahari Inkantation

AAAAAAAA

I don't get the hype about Waddle Dee at all. Can someone explain that?

Nyerp

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on September 01, 2018, 12:13:04 PMI don't get the hype about Waddle Dee at all. Can someone explain that?
UM he's not just waddle dee HE'S BANDANA DEE and he's a "crucial" character in THE DEEP KIRBY LORE and he DESERVES a slot!!!

TooB

I'd rather have Waddle Doo...

Or BRONTO BURT

bluaki

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on September 01, 2018, 12:13:04 PMI don't get the hype about Waddle Dee at all. Can someone explain that?
Almost all of his popularity seems to be in Japan, not so much elsewhere.

I'm guessing:
* People want more cute characters
* No other Smash fighter wields a spear or lance, making Bandana Dee unique
* Bandana/Waddle Dee is the only missing one of the main 4 kirby characters; Kirby, MK, Dedede, and Waddle Dee were all playable in Kirby Wii and had Amiibo for Robobot

Go Up