April 16, 2024, 12:55:34 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

echo fighter thread

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 14, 2018, 01:05:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

• inspector gadget could be simon belmont's alter
  • shantę (IT WAS HER TURN :'() could be bayonetta's alter
  • felt could be ashley's alter

Mando Pandango

Please put inspector gadget in Smash
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

instead of ice climbers there could be two doodthings attached by floss

Hiro

I could see shantae being an assist trophy tbh

bluaki

In all seriousness, I feel like they'll stick to keeping echo fighters within the same franchise.

They've done a cross-franchise clone before with Ganondorf, but that's still treated as a completely separate fighter whereas this game actually treats echoes special.

and here are my random thoughts for some possible echo fighters:
Octoling (Inkling)
Black Shadow or some other F-Zero racer (Captain Falcon)
Shadow or Metal Sonic (Sonic)
Hilda (Zelda)
Impa (Sheik)
Celica from FE Echoes Gaiden (Robin)
Big Boss (Snake)

Hiro

Octoling, Shadow, and Hilda are all strong possibilities. I see Raiden over Big Boss but either one could happen

bluaki

August 14, 2018, 08:42:37 AM #6 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:45:53 AM by bluaki
Quote from: Hiro on August 14, 2018, 08:25:57 AMOctoling, Shadow, and Hilda are all strong possibilities. I see Raiden over Big Boss but either one could happen
MGS2 Raiden could work, but Rising Revengence really gave Raiden his own drastically different fighting style (which would be imo much more representative of him as a character than a Snake clone) and ultimately I feel like Raiden isn't as important to the whole of Metal Gear as Big Boss. Also MGS2 never was on a Nintendo system, unlike MGS3 3D and all the classic Metal Gear games before Solid. The last MGS game also focuses on "Big Boss" as the main character; he could even be a costume of naked snake.

speaking of costumes I'd like to see Old Snake be a new costume for snake. Brawl predated MGS4, right?

YPrrrr

It is kind of odd to me that Shadow has seemingly overtaken metal sonic in popularity.  I always thought metal sonic was a classic character. But I like Shadow better anyway so I guess it's fine.

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 14, 2018, 01:05:43 AM
  • inspector gadget could be simon belmont's alter
  • shantę (IT WAS HER TURN :'() could be bayonetta's alter
  • felt could be ashley's alter
  • st]
How would shantae work as a bayo clone?

Also, she can't just be an assist trophy...

She.... just can't... :(

YPrrrr

Bayo should be an assist trophy

Thyme

banjo and kazooie alter of duck hunt y/n

also i can't use ampersands with the site's current encryption jesus fucking christ

TooB

Mando Pandango

I wish they had actual alternate character models for Pokemon Trainer. The alternate costumes are references to various Pokemon MCs but It would be so much cooler to actually see those characters.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

bluaki

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 14, 2018, 02:28:51 PMI wish they had actual alternate character models for Pokemon Trainer. The alternate costumes are references to various Pokemon MCs but It would be so much cooler to actually see those characters.
If we see other trainers as an echo fighter I feel like they should have different Pokemon too for the region they're from, but getting a full team that can act like clones of Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard is a pretty huge thing to ask for. I think some of the other trainers have at least appeared in Smash Bros as trophies, like the X/Y ones were in Smash 3DS.

also, I just remembered the Pokemon Trainer has gone a long way in terms of their 3D models. These beauties were on the GameCube for Pokemon Colosseum's link battles mode:

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on August 14, 2018, 08:42:37 AM
Quote from: Hiro on August 14, 2018, 08:25:57 AMOctoling, Shadow, and Hilda are all strong possibilities. I see Raiden over Big Boss but either one could happen
MGS2 Raiden could work, but Rising Revengence really gave Raiden his own drastically different fighting style (which would be imo much more representative of him as a character than a Snake clone)

as much as i would love to see raiden, i don't see it happening at all for the reasons you mention

raiden has never appeared on a nintendo console, and he would deserve to be much more than just a snake alter because his mgs2 form is by far his most boring and least distinct

The final nail in Raiden's coffin: he's already in PSASBR. ugly;

Quote from: bluaki on August 14, 2018, 08:42:37 AMspeaking of costumes I'd like to see Old Snake be a new costume for snake. Brawl predated MGS4, right?

This would be amazing. AWESOME

old snake is probably my favorite (solid) snake

unfortunately i can't see it happening either specifically because mgs4 came (ever so slightly) after brawl and to this day remains ps4-exclusive

Go Up