April 23, 2024, 12:09:47 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

strongbad being a hobo thread

Started by strongbad, August 13, 2018, 11:02:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

Oh for sure highway 1 is pretty incredible and perfect for a long bike ride. That sounds like a blast.

C.Mongler

You should challenge yourself and walk all the way home

strongbad

Too hardcore for me

This is the first night I've split up from my friend. He wanted to go 85 miles today, stealth camp, and then only have like 35 to go to San Francisco tomorrow. I decided to procrastinate some miles and only do 50 today and stay at a nice state park. Hung out in a cool cafe and talked with the owner for a while. Just have to crank out ~70 miles tomorrow and I'll be crossing the Golden Gate Bridge hocuspocus;

reeper

strongbad

chilling in SF at my riding partner's friend's apartment. never been to this city before but it is sure overwhelming compared to being on the coast lol

also I had the first bike shop I found fix my rear wheel (loose spokes, wasn't very true) and almost immediately my chain was skipping. went to the next shop I found and they had my get a new chain (which needed replacement) and it is STILL skipping. going to go to hopefully my last bike shop tomorrow to take care of the skip and replace my handlebars and throw on some new brakes that I bought. kind of stressful to cram all this bike work into a short period of time in a new city but it will be so nice rolling out with all the things that have been annoying me the past few weeks being fixed

also im going to post some pics for u guys soon

strongbad

Well $170 in total parts and labor my bike is feeling like new again. Wasn't expecting to spend so much but oh well. Also bought another pair of wool socks, another pair of padded underwear, and a reflective vest. I realized I wear all gray and it has been super foggy so I probably just blend right in with the road akudood;

reeper

Yeah make your ass stand out as biking is incredibly dangerous due to cars.

First time in San Fran? Oh boy I bet, it's not like a lot of cities, especially in California. Very dense and quite small, lots of great public transportation. People watching is probably pretty top tier there in San Fran, especially near the piers.

LA is a whole different type of city- it's built for cars and extremely large area.

strongbad

Yeah it's been a trip. Went to a small party in an apartment of some well to do young tech workers and I felt very out of place in whatever clothing I have lol

Leaving today though. Got a warmshowers host lined up in Pescadero so just a 50 mile day which is kind of nice. Will probably grab one last nice cup of coffee before we head out lol

And yeah we are thinking of just avoiding LA as much as possible lol. We might have someone to stay with in Long Beach which would be perfect

C.Mongler

dont die strong david boyah needs your activity

strongbad

Ty cmongler maintaining my sub 10% quota is what I look forward to upon my return

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: antmaster5000 on August 26, 2018, 10:39:14 AMTy cmongler maintaining my sub 10% quota is what I look forward to upon my return

your particular sub 10% is still very valuable to us lol

you are a defender of doodthing after all

so pls do continue to be careful >.<

i need my daily biking adventure journal entry fix lol

strongbad

TY <3

Just talked to some dude in a cafe for a while about my trip and he inquired about my tattoo and I legit think he might join boyah lol

William if u see this hello and it was nice talking to you

Also everyone keeps asking if I am a dental student or dentist based on my tattoo and I might just start going along with it for simplicity's sake lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: antmaster5000 on August 26, 2018, 11:32:13 AMTY <3

Just talked to some dude in a cafe for a while about my trip and he inquired about my tattoo and I legit think he might join boyah lol

William if u see this hello and it was nice talking to you

YES YES YES

once again our foremost defender has made doodthing proud

hi william welcome to boyah happydood;

Quote from: antmaster5000 on August 26, 2018, 11:32:13 AMAlso everyone keeps asking if I am a dental student or dentist based on my tattoo and I might just start going along with it for simplicity's sake lol

oh god lol

Don't be afraid to preach the good word of Doodthing and Boyah with gusto. baddood;

strongbad

loaded

naked

camping

strongbad camping

photo dump!!!!

Mando Pandango

how huge are your calf muscles by now
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up