REAL Food topic --Entrees and Desserts I've been working on this year

Started by LCK, August 08, 2018, 09:51:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LCK

I gathered together photos of the entree's and desserts that I've been working on all year. I've put hella work into all of these. Some are my own featured recipes, some are recipes that I executed for other chefs, either way,  delicious and guaranteed to bring life into this dead board. hopefully
also wtf no spoiler tags???

First is a cold smoked arctic char, smoked at a solid 125 degrees, with a mixed grain tabouli, beet beurre rouge sauce, and rainbow microgreens

Second is a made to order Banana's Foster. Simple, but delicious.
Butter, brown sugar, vanilla, deglazed with rum, served with vanilla bean ice cream and orange zest.

Third is a grilled salmon with a snow pea puree, smashed sweet potatoes, and a calico grape relish.
We currently only source Sixty South Tierra Del Fuego salmon and its fucking delicious

Fourth is Linguine with a local yellow tomato pomodoro, smoked local red tomatos, local basil, and shaved parmesan reggianito

Fifth is a pan seared Arctic Char with a blistered cherry tomato salad, balsamic reduction, and rainbow micros

Sixth is simply but amazingly delicious. Grilled vegan ribs courtesy of the Herbiverous Butcher, grilled asparagus, and a house made carolina bbq sauce

Seventh is a Vegan Avocado Caprese, the precursor to the Vegan Rib entree

Eighth is my current favorite.
Rice flour dusted and pan seared halibut with a smoked corn and mushroom ragu, balsamic, roasted tomato and rainbow microgreen

Ninth is simple but reallllly hearty and delicious. 5 cheese lobster mac and cheese (cheddar, swiss, gorgonzola, parmesan, american(for creaminess), baked with gremolata topping

Tenth is a shrimp scampi. Angel hair pasta, argentine red shrimp, tomatoes, shaved parmesan. Sauce is just white wine, butter, s+p, chives as garnish.
this is one of my least favorites. i would actually execute this dish much differently, but our chef at the time was a dipshit

11th is a huge favorite which won a few local awards
Housemade wild mushroom ravioli with local braised short rib, veal demi, and a grilled leek beurre blanc

12th is a take on a classic caprese with our local tomatos and basil

Last is another favorite dish, although i really dislike the plating in the photo
Jerk spiced tuna, seared rare, with a curried jicama slaw, and a roasted tomato jam

C.Mongler

GOOD LORD man those all looked fuckin tasty

idk i just ate a fuckin ham sammy for lunch thats all i got

how would you recommend learning to make real food, just try a lot? maybe i should try more

C.Mongler

also LCK is gonna have to cater BoyahCon 20XX (venue pending)

LCK

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 08, 2018, 09:53:13 AMGOOD LORD man those all looked fuckin tasty

idk i just ate a fuckin ham sammy for lunch thats all i got

how would you recommend learning to make real food, just try a lot? maybe i should try more
absolutely. just keep experimenting. its just food. and if you fuck it up, theres more food to try again

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 08, 2018, 09:53:33 AMalso LCK is gonna have to cater BoyahCon 20XX (venue pending)
225%yes

FAMY2

Hiro

LCK

Quote from: Hiro on August 08, 2018, 11:25:37 AMShit that looks good. Any breakfast dishes?
i did a ton of breakfast my first few years. i don't really have any photos though.

my favorite is just a classic eggs benedict or eggs florentine
i love making a luscious hollandaise sauce

C.Mongler

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Mando Pandango

These all look great and it's super cool that you're becoming a chef but "pomodoro" just means "tomato" so what exactly is a yellow tomato pomodoro
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

LCK

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 08, 2018, 02:41:33 PMThese all look great and it's super cool that you're becoming a chef but "pomodoro" just means "tomato" so what exactly is a yellow tomato pomodoro
p;  pomodoro is just a tomato sauce
yellow pomodoro is a sauce made from yellow tomatoes

It may be redundant but it is what it is

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

LCK

ClassicTyler

Go Up