April 18, 2024, 02:15:25 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Thread where Kaz talks about his bearded dragon

Started by Samus Aran, August 07, 2018, 02:55:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

you know what's really cute?? if you're not sure your beardie is getting enough water, one way to make sure they drink is to give 'em a lil spray on the nose. they'll tilt their head down and lick the water off the tip of their nose. it's adorable.

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

i'll get some video of it sometime. he's got his tank cover on and his lights off right now so he can sleep.

Hiro

Cosmic Ada

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 11, 2018, 10:32:21 PM
Quote from: Super on August 11, 2018, 02:05:13 AMI see bearded dragons in the wild all the time. Graceful creatures.

in Arizona?? they're native to Australia befuddlement

you have plenty of lizards that do live there, but beardies aren't one of them
I was jokin' boss.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on August 12, 2018, 12:18:56 PMkaz I recommend getting one of those cheap temp guns from Home Depot or something. really easy to get your temp gradient like that.

I'll consider it but simply having two thermometers in the tank works for now

ClassicTyler

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on August 12, 2018, 07:12:54 PMdo beardies run off of floor temp or ambient air temp?

air temp. you can get below-tank heaters, but they're considered largely pointless for beardies. and things like heater rocks are very bad for them.

his basking lamp above his basking perch keeps that spot of the tank at around 95 degrees, which is pretty ideal. the cooler side of the tank usually sits around 83 degrees, which again is great. so we're doing well for temperature.

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up