March 28, 2024, 01:32:10 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

octopath traveler thread

Started by C.Mongler, August 06, 2018, 01:07:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

anyone else playin' this shit? what do u think? who's your fav? who's your waifu????  sillydood;

C.Mongler

i'm about 11 hours in, about to nab the final party member, and i'm worried i'm gonna get bored of this shit. the current gameplay loop is really dry, and i could see it getting better maybe, but the way shit is laid out on the map i worry it's going to be entirely:

venture to quest marker > get story snippet > rush through boring, indistinguishable dungeon > cheese way through boss > COOL GO DO THIS OTHER THING THAT YOU'RE TOO LOW LEVEL FOR RIGHT NOW, SEE YA AGAIN IN 10 HOURS > x8

it's just super boring to want to care about a quest line and then be completely disconnected from it for 10+ hours. will there eventually be overlap in quest lines that keeps shit interesting (dont actually tell me lol)

idk the battles are p fun all in all, but i'm probably going to drop this come chapter 2 if it doesn't make me care about anything that's going on for extended periods of time. everything feels so trivial and uninteresting, plotwise anyway.

TooB

From what I've heard, sounds like you'll be dropping it then.

I'm loving this game for one. I'm fine with the structure. It reminds me of early Dragon Quest games in that regard.

C.Mongler

lame. i'll try my best, but ya it feels like the story is moving a snails pace to me cry;

who's your main duderino? i went with olberic cuz i'm boring

TooB

YPrrrr

Sounded way too grindy for me and from what I saw the characters were super generic tropes.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Big Goop on August 06, 2018, 07:48:25 PMI picked H'aanit

I like H'annit, she's quite versatile. I think Alfyn is my favorite. I also like Tressa, just so I can get a shitload of money from bosses all the time.

I think when I get the job system though, I might like this game a bit more. That kinda stuff I find mechanically interesting at least.

Quote from: YPargh on August 06, 2018, 07:55:22 PMSounded way too grindy for me and from what I saw the characters were super generic tropes.

Some of em aren't great lol, Olberic is kinda lame but he's stronk so whatever, and the thief guy i found super tropey, but H'annit is neat (sans the accent) and so are a couple others.

TooB

I love Hannits accent lol.

Cyrus is the last guy I need.

Primrose's story is strongest, at least so far.

Hiro

I played the demo and it was pretty good but I'm probably gonna pass

C.Mongler

alright where the fuck are the jobs i've got almost all the chapter 2 towns discovered, and i've finished primrose's chapter 2 quest BUT I STILL AINT GOT A JOB

some friends told me you kind of just find them but i havent WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  wariodood;

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 17, 2018, 08:55:14 AMalright where the fuck are the jobs i've got almost all the chapter 2 towns discovered, and i've finished primrose's chapter 2 quest BUT I STILL AINT GOT A JOB

some friends told me you kind of just find them but i havent WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  wariodood;

I found 3 of them and haven't started any ch 2 yet, lol. They're typically in caves in the areas leading to the 2nd chapter towns. Gotta explore a bit.

C.Mongler

okay i'll go spelunking, but i was just scared

but if there be jobs in them caves i'm in baby!!  happydood;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i just started and I picked Apothecary dude. just got the thief guy and im looting the mansion. My only complaint rn is that sometimes the game is hard to look at?  I think its a lighting thing. at any rate I can see how this game would not be for everyone (the voice acting is kinda lame and sometimes the snippets dont seem to match the dialogue. idk how to explain it really.)

ok this beasttamer lady is fuckin lame

the thief dude is cool though i can't bring myself to steal from some of the npcs

Go Up