April 16, 2024, 02:08:49 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

boyah expansion and user recovery effort

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 05, 2018, 07:51:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Have you guys noticed that of all of NSider's estranged and orphaned children, Boyah of all places remains one of the longest-running, most resilient, well-maintained (hard to believe, i know), and most active today? befuddlement

i hope you'll agree with me that we should be doing what we can to keep it that way

the last thing i'd want is for us to suffer the same fate as nameless nsider spinoff ghost forum no. 42, and in the past (most recently as just a few months ago akudood;) we've come dangerously close to having that happen

this place has been around for over 11 years and has more than 1000 users and 1.5 million posts, and truthfully that's quite an achievement for such a small community

places like nsider 2, nsfcd, ninfora, outsid to a lesser extent, and probably countless others are all but dead and have nothing but a few stragglers left

the few remaining users on those sites are not only some of the most closely bonded to the concept of pre-tw@ter web-1.0 forums, but they also share a common heritage with us as former nsiders/nintendo fanboys and internet/anime/gamer freak millennial degenerates

they would make ideal boyagers

Should we be making some sort of concerted effort to welcome these refugees into our community before they disappear entirely? befuddlement

discuss

Kalahari Inkantation

i personally think we should, but we should also try to make boyah 2.0 a little more presentable and less glitchy first, if not just for us then for these extended family members we haven't seen in years or even met at all

reeper

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 05, 2018, 07:51:59 PMi personally think we should, but we should also try to make boyah 2.0 a little more presentable and less glitchy first, if not just for us then for these extended family members we haven't seen in years or even met at all
i agree. We are still in beta altough it's much more useable than before

AAAAAAAA

Most of you changed your usernames since Nsider and I've been here so sporadically that I honestly have little clue who y'all are.

reeper

1. Add our original names to the side bar

2. Add sign limit

I'm xfollowthereaperx

Kalahari Inkantation

August 06, 2018, 01:00:47 AM #5 Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:09:56 AM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: SloppyJimbo on August 06, 2018, 12:17:04 AMMost of you changed your usernames since Nsider and I've been here so sporadically that I honestly have little clue who y'all are.

And that's okay. 5thgrade;

you don't necessarily have to know who any of us are just as long as you feel welcome enough to participate lol

i don't think the two of us know each other personally at all aside from the occasional brief interaction on boyah itself, but it's virtually guaranteed that you know at least a few of the users here considering our shared ancestry (nsider/outsid/etc.)

at the very least, you certainly aren't the only active outsid refugee lol

FAMY2

Man of Popsicle is here along with several Outsider's. 

Cosmic Ada

I made my account here about 10 years ago but never felt like I truly fit in here.

I feel like the "cliques" here made it hard to mesh well, if that makes any sense.

C.Mongler

tbf boyah cliques died a while ago IMO, even cmongler belongs now thats how far this place has fallen!!

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 06, 2018, 01:00:47 AM
Quote from: SloppyJimbo on August 06, 2018, 12:17:04 AMMost of you changed your usernames since Nsider and I've been here so sporadically that I honestly have little clue who y'all are.

And that's okay. 5thgrade;

Yeah true

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Super on August 06, 2018, 04:34:05 AMI made my account here about 10 years ago but never felt like I truly fit in here.

I feel like the "cliques" here made it hard to mesh well, if that makes any sense.

Do you feel as if we've gotten any better about that today? befuddlement

i myself remember withdrawing from outsider early on because i similarly felt it was too cliqueish, i generally wouldn't want anyone to feel that way on boyah

ME##

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 06, 2018, 05:17:28 AMtbf boyah cliques died a while ago
it's like we're not in high school any more yay!

Cosmic Ada

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 06, 2018, 10:40:49 AM
Quote from: Super on August 06, 2018, 04:34:05 AMI made my account here about 10 years ago but never felt like I truly fit in here.

i myself remember withdrawing from outsider early on because i similarly felt it was too cliqueish, i generally wouldn't want anyone to feel that way on boyah
It seems to be better in general.

FAMY2

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 06, 2018, 10:40:49 AM

Too late for that.

Kalahari Inkantation

August 06, 2018, 11:44:38 PM #14 Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:36:18 AM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 06, 2018, 05:17:28 AMeven cmongler belongs now thats how far this place has fallen!!

cmongler; predates even doodthing, you've basically always belonged except when you opted to be distant :|

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 06, 2018, 05:17:28 AMtbf boyah cliques died a while ago IMO

i agree with this, but on the other hand, sometimes it can be hard to tell when/whether one is even in a clique from the inside

Quote from: Super on August 06, 2018, 04:04:43 PMIt seems to be better in general.

But this is a positive sign. I do hope it means you'll be sticking around in the long-term. goodjob;

Go Up