March 28, 2024, 03:00:57 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

boyah was streets ahead

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 05, 2018, 04:37:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

luts have been converted to the 'big dick energy' that the kids are using these days

Kalahari Inkantation

here's one that i'm not sure about: the popularization of the word "lewd" by/among anime degenerates

That's a meme that I first saw on Boyah well before observing that it had become a general internet trend, but I don't know if it originated on Boyah and then coincidentally emerged elsewhere later. befuddlement

Mando Pandango

I feel like that was kaz bringing it to boyah just as it was propagating on the weeb tumblrverse
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

i think we started saying "wow lewd" in the old movie/anime streams and that was in like 2011 which i think is before kaz started using tumblr??? (correct me if i'm wrong)

Mando Pandango

oh yeah ok. "wow rude" came first which naturally evolved into "wow lewd"

I think you're right that we pre-empted that as well
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

the earliest "wow lewd" post i can find is actually a david quote lol

Quote from: David on March 28, 2011, 05:05:57 PMwow lewd

knowyourmeme claims general weeb lewdosting existed before then, but as for whether david was inspired to lewdpost by the internet beyond boyah, well

Kalahari Inkantation

• the word "folk(s)"

now that too is apparently a dumblr/tw@tr trend, because it's a gender-neutral collective noun and sounds less stiff than "people" i guess

But that was my word well before it was TumblTw@r's. I sometimes used it for that very same reason well before those godawful websites even existed. smithicide;

https://boyah.net/forums2/index.php?action=search2;params=eJwtj00SgjAMhe_ixk0WpIjSQ3gGprQR1EqZFnRwenhfHRYvmfflb2Lc20xWXD5mzoe8JolpFgt7NcNmYojpawZU-lh6FHF1oZpYMYSMqEhXxNxSQ2c6Uaup0aRBa9Ia_WWmgVoInjHDYAymKlI1lqcxfDobXrOXRXCmoLV_iF26MPltJyEunbtHOCfJ7gQuipf_FwWJiXYEvAX__AElQEby;start=0

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 02, 2018, 12:19:12 PM
  • the word "folk(s)"

now that too is apparently a dumblr/tw@tr trend, because it's a gender-neutral collective noun and sounds less stiff than "people" i guess

But that was my word well before it was TumblTw@r's. I sometimes used it for that very same reason well before those godawful websites even existed. smithicide;

https://boyah.net/forums2/index.php?action=search2;params=eJwtj00SgjAMhe_ixk0WpIjSQ3gGprQR1EqZFnRwenhfHRYvmfflb2Lc20xWXD5mzoe8JolpFgt7NcNmYojpawZU-lh6FHF1oZpYMYSMqEhXxNxSQ2c6Uaup0aRBa9Ia_WWmgVoInjHDYAymKlI1lqcxfDobXrOXRXCmoLV_iF26MPltJyEunbtHOCfJ7gQuipf_FwWJiXYEvAX__AElQEby;start=0

See my last post in the infrastructure thread

Mando Pandango

My dad's been saying "folks" my whole life

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on September 02, 2018, 12:27:32 PM
  • the word "folk(s)"

What post? y/n

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 02, 2018, 04:02:09 PM
Quote from: don't let's on September 02, 2018, 12:27:32 PM
  • the word "folk(s)"

What post? y/n
apparently it was in another thread

Kalahari Inkantation

September 03, 2018, 07:50:23 AM #41 Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:51:45 AM by Magyarorszag
  • the cephalopod motif doodthing;

doodthing predates both splatoon and bloodborne (interestingly, both came out within two months of each other in 2015) by 7 or 8 years lol squid;

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kalahari Inkantation on August 05, 2018, 04:37:15 AMthings that boyah had and did well before they were popularized by the likes of boomerbook/tw@ter/dumblr/reddshitt/apple/android/etc.:

-(((cheeky triple parentheses)))
-ir*nic/unn*cessary c*nsorship
-a poop emoji tomatoes;

What other trends did we silently pioneer? befuddlement

:|

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up