April 18, 2024, 04:07:53 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Do Likes Represent the Facebookification of Boyah?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 04, 2018, 11:05:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

Likes are destroying Boyah and must be disabled at once. I will expound my argument below.
2 (22.2%)
Likes must remain enabled. They are in fact a necessary step in making Boyah more competitive with Facebook and its ilk.
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on August 04, 2018, 01:35:45 PMIt's not bad facebook until my relatives are on it, ads are implemented, and I only see posts suggested to me

well i've openly shilled for various games/companies/things in the past (mcdonald's as recently as a few hours ago sillydood;), and i regularly target posts at specific boyagers, you included goowan

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 04, 2018, 09:31:20 PM
Quote from: YPargh on August 04, 2018, 01:35:45 PMIt's not bad facebook until my relatives are on it, ads are implemented, and I only see posts suggested to me

well i've openly shilled for various games/companies/things in the past (mcdonald's as recently as a few hours ago sillydood;), and i regularly target posts at specific boyagers, you included goowan
Well yeah but that's all different. And you're still not overposting cute anecdotes from my childhood to my wall 😉

Kalahari Inkantation

strongbad

yes it is facebooky but i dont think they're inherently a negative thing. it's nice to give people props for a nice post if you have nothing to add to it. i also like that we can record stats on posts. lots of forums do it.

Daddy

liking is like upvoting but you can't downvote

change my mind

Kalahari Inkantation

Hiro

It's just kinda pointless and adds visual clutter

But if we keep it def change the icon to wrench; and change name from Like to Wrench

YPrrrr

Hiro

I can make a smaller, greyscale wrench icon to go with it

Kalahari Inkantation

it definitely needs to be tied to a restored doodthingocity that tracks likes

Samus Aran

quota needs to come back and then doodthingocity can be an equation based on quota and likes

Hiro

Nah doodthingocity was dumb
A total number of likes attributed to you would be alright, and quota should be like 600 a month

Daddy

quota should be the  highest number of posts by a particular user in the previous month

Go Up